CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, December 4, 2015

The Greatest Grams!

Only the greatest of grams get officially promoted to Great Grams right?

IMG_6894Well ours got an extra promotion this week that came with angel wings….

Sweet Grams passed away Sunday morning Nov. 29th, with both her daughters at her side.

IMG_6907They put together a beautiful service and fortunately we were all able to get together this week to celebrate sweet grams.IMG_6788

During Mass, they asked us to pray for her as they spread incense over her and as I stopped to think about what specifically I should pray for I thought…. She is probably the happiest she has been in a very long time. The day she left us, as they stood crying over her in that hospital room, is the very moment she got to finally see her boys she had not seen in over 30 years.

Isn’t it funny how the saddest day in one persons life can be the happiest day in others?  I guess it’s all a matter of perspective.

In an instant I was assured that it was a moment she has probably waited on for a very long time for. In any case, I decided she would probably rather we pray for everyone she left behind instead…  that was grams.

IMG_6789

Grams was the best at gong with the flow… unless we were talking sweets….

Mom and I still crack up laughing when years ago we took her to the Cheesecake Factory and we were so excited to tell her they even have sugar free cheese cake (since she was diabetic).

She kindly informed us that we could have that if we wanted but she was getting the “real one”.

She also informed us she was not sharing, she was getting her own.

Well than. Moving on….IMG_6912

  So other than that, lol,  Grams was very easy going.

She loved everyone and always thought the best of them but she could call things like she saw them too! I love that she always loved my “inappropriateness” and my pups…. because lets be honest, it takes a good grama to love their grand daughters pups.

IMG_6908IMG_6914

    Growing up, I always thought it was so normal to go through such tragedies but it was her resilience that made it look effortless. I can not imagine moving all over the country, being months and months without my husband, losing my son as a teenager and then my husband 7 months later all to end up years later losing your entire home to a storm with all of  your memorabilia.

She had a countless numbers of blessings along the way no doubt (my mama being one of the many) but she certainly went through it.

I don’t think I can even remember hearing her complain even once come to think of it. She has broken bones, sprained things, had awful bruising and falls and never even moaned.

When mom would tell me of her latest fall, broken bone or bruise I would cringe at the thought of it…. yet every time it was follow up with “but she seems fine!”

So all of this is to say that yes indeed, this woman is strong .

She also loved without borders… I always loved that she seemed to have a soft spot for Billy and Alex…. I’m not sure if she knew we noticed but it was so sweet. I always assumed it was because they reminded her of Kenneth… she loves her boys!

IMG_6911IMG_691320141127_163409_thumb[8]   When Lola came along I couldn’t decided what I loved more… seeing grams with her or seeing my mom see grams with her.

Notice how many times mom looks to see grams smile :)

I got to see the magic in both of their eyes when grams held her…IMG_672520141128_124014_thumb[2]She had never sat so still and even after I walked away and all the cameras (because you know Tara and i blew that up) were gone… they just sat with each other.    

IMG_672620141128_093137_thumb[2]lola and great grama

Here’s a few pictures from the reception for grams… Mom and Aunt Doreen did  it all essentially the night before but you would have never known it! It looked amazing and the sweets table was definetly to grams standards :)IMG_6792

(Notice my Lo stayed positioned at the cheese table) IMG_6790 Lola was our hostess with the mostest ;)IMG_6808

IMG_6798IMG_6804 IMG_6805IMG_6809Side note:  

It was also this mamas 30th birthday that day (which I think bothered everyone else much more than me)! Remember people, I have Lola. Don’t take my child and there is no “bad news”!

I mean what else could you want? LOLIMG_6800

That’s pretty much my answer to all life questions these days…. and certainly every birthday, holiday since she has arrived.

Give me my baby!

So moving on, we ended up making the trip down to Biloxi a little birthday bash for me with the family and it was PERFECT!

More of that to come, as grams would say Lola is “resting her eyes now” so i have to scramble to unpack everything before she gets up!

IMG_6815

We love you Grams!

0 comments: