CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 24, 2015

The Celebration Continues!

We made it back from Biloxi and with our tree already up (Hallalujah!) we got to have some down time and do the fun Christmas stuff… that and apparently do my birthday all over again because well, apparently Lou is a little TOO good ;)

IMG_6922

  That weekend Daddy Lou went over board yet again… I walked downstairs and him and Lola had been quite the busy bee’s!IMG_6940

Lou woke up before me and the girl that morning and headed out for champagne to make mimosas, bacon, eggs and cinnamon rolls! IMG_6941 IMG_6942 He had it al ready for Lo and I when we got up inclusive of candles lit, streamers everywhere, Christmas music playing and a fire going- it was the best!  

IMG_6953

We had planned to get up early and make the CHOA parade  Saturday morning but after all the planning we decided to have a relaxing morning at home instead and watch it on TV!IMG_6957

Best idea ever!

So we stayed in our jammies by the fire and cuddled up with full bellies to watch the parade and open presents!

I thought my card from Lou was THE MOST hilarious… (that and my buffalo shirt) to know that he cut out a icture f a dog to put in my card because as he says “well i figured Lola would be sitting with you to open your presents and i knew she would like it”…

IMG_7024

Your too much Lou, but I love you for it!

Speaking of too much! We did our Gingerbread house baking that weekend too with the help of Aunt Kayla (and Uncle Lance) and I think it’s safe to say when you get leggings, cookie dough, wine and new wine glasses for your birthday your in good company!

Does she know me or does she know me??IMG_6932

My cute basket was filled with lots of other fun goodies too but the best goody of al is creating traditions like this in the kitchen with my girl, we love how our Aunt Kayla dotes over us!  IMG_6933I can’t believe last year my girl was sitting in her Bumbo just watching and this year she is doing it all on her own!

20151205_022529 20151205_022918 20151205_023206_1  So particular!20151205_023228 20151205_023430

(we did have to put goldfish in the bowl closest to her because she wouldn’t stop eating the candy- which then gets mommy yelled at because daddy says it’s a choking hazard… shocker.)IMG_6934

I will say daddy came in handy big time his year!

For some reason Kayla and I could not get the house to stay up to save our life- we needed an  engineer!

I’m sure it had nothing to do with the wine.IMG_6935

Praise the lord! IMG_6937Just call us the Griswold's.

Saturday night we  were so excited to go to a parade in Woodstock because well, were lazy and no one wants to get ready to go to a parade at am when  you can go to one at 5:30 pm!

20151205_214400

She loved her pockets in her new dress from Gigi! 20151205_214415 20151205_214456 20151205_214458  20151205_214515 20151205_214517

So we traded in our Mimosas for wine and headed to Woodstock!

IMG_6965   By wine we mean entire bottles under the stroller;)IMG_6971

When people ask what do I want for my birthday and  I say “to do Christmas stuff with my girl” it’s no exaggeration.

This is and will forever and always be my most favorite present of all. She is a present in itself since the moment she came in our life and there is rarely a reason to put a celebration on top of a party am I right?IMG_6987

We sure did create something magical when with that girl.

These two were baby free all weekend thanks  an amazingly sweet Aunt Krista and as much as Lola and I did not approve of being “partnerless” we allowed them to come babyless anyway ;)IMG_6980

We weren’t sure which way the parade was starting from so Lola was our look out! The girl wouldn’t even smile for pictures she was so worried about the parade! IMG_6996

It started just as night fell and it was all lit up and beautiful (and exciting)! IMG_6999

On a side note: Mommy had Lola wear shoes with no socks because honest to God it was not cold when we left the house!

As soon as we arrived daddy noticed and ran to the nearest boutique to buy a $20 pair of size 13 dace socks….

WOOPS!

IMG_7012

At last one day she will have really nice socks!IMG_7001We couldn’t have planed it better if we tried! The parade ended 2 minutes before our reservations so we raced to one of my favorites on the square Freight and Tap!

It was just enough time to  down our last bit of wine and ordered up some fried MAC and Cheese balls!IMG_7003We were all starving so I ordered my first ever Chicken and Waffles!!

How exciting right!?!?

Well before it was even fully placed on the table Lola’s bow hit the chicken right back off the table and on to the floor!IMG_7004

Needless to say I got another and it didn’t slow me down, I was too hungry to even take a before picture  I destroyed it!IMG_7005 IMG_7007 IMG_7008 IMG_7010   Then randomly for no good reason (except throwing my chicken on the floor) this girl decided to have a full blown make out session with me…. Oh how I love her new cuddliness!IMG_7014IMG_7017

So there you have it, the last of the birthday celebration commences.

I have officially had more birthdays with Lou than  have with out him and for some reason he has been out doing himself more since the girl got here instead of vice versa…. if only he knew with her here there really isn’t much else i want or need to make the day special.

  I guess we will just keep that between the two of us right Lola?IMG_7021

If I have learned anything at 30 it would be to enjoy this very moment.

Live in this moment.

I told Lou just last night that I can’t believe these are the days we have waited our whole life/dating years for…

I remember being in high school wishing we didn’t have a curfew and as bad as it sounds didn’t have to sleep in separate houses… we absolutely HATED being a part (and still do)..

It was like we were a little old couple stuck in young peoples lives… we knew what we wanted and we knew how to make it last… if only we could get to where we wanted to be…

We couldn’t wait to get our drivers license so we could see each other as much as we wanted with out begging others for rides and talking one of my driving friends into “dating” one of his friends so we could manipulate them in driving us to each other  ;)

We could not wait to graduate high school and go to college together but mostly get to stay together in my apartment! It was the sleepover that never ended!

We could not wait for Lou to graduate and then for me to finish my masters so we could both have the profession we had dreamed of…

We couldn’t wait for things to line up so we could get engaged and eventually married to seal the deal!

We could not wait to buy a house and fill it up with babies.

I remember just before our last step of buying our house thinking

“Do you ever stop waiting for the next thing to happen? Do you ever just get there, where you want to be and feel satisfied?”

Well everyone’s there I am certain is different but our there has never changed… after 15 years we are finally living our there everyday.

We have a wooden sign that has always sat on our mantel that reads “When you get there remember where you came from”.

It’s reminiscing on all of those wishful years that leave Lou and I in such bliss of what we have today.

We’re certainly more “intense” than most when it comes to obsessing over our baby girl but maybe that’s just a part of having her as part of our story for 15 years before actually getting to meet her…IMG_6974

Here’s to 30!

0 comments: