CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, December 5, 2015

Thanksgiving at the Lake (part 1)

  Oh yes, even Thanksgiving had to be broken down into two sections once I realized how many pictures i took!IMG_6136With this little turkey how could you not?!IMG_6156

Just when you think you are all packed up you see the yummiest recipe in Southern living and head back to the grocery…..I was head over heels for a pecan pound cake recipe so Lola and I were off to become “adults” as Aunt Taytay would call it and actually bring something to Thanksgiving this year already made…. or at least that was the game plan.IMG_6140 IMG_6143These grocery store adventurous are getting more and more difficult entertaining lol

I think my child thinks we go there to test out moving toys  and buy candy bars these days…..

I spent 15 minutes in the buggy/ wheelchair area trying to explain to Lola why we could not use the wheelchair as a grocery cart before even making it in the store.IMG_6158  It’s quite sad actually…. we spend one day getting the grocery’s and it’s a whole ‘nother day before we work up the courage to bake with this girl… she is very hands on these days to say the least!IMG_6169

We had not even started until daddy came home from work on the day we were leaving for the lake (and got us a size up in our most favorite boots ever on his way home from work-hooray!) …IMG_6170  SO as soon as we cracked open our recipe we noticed it called for 4 sticks of butter…. yes 4.

Silly us, we had three and actually thought that would be enough!So we tagged team the grocery yet again for BUTTER- ended up being our best move ever because for some unknown reason THIS happened….IMG_6176We have no idea how, what, why or even if she was sick but she stayed like this for about ten minutes and it was long enough for me to fill up the storage on my hone yet again with about 45457394857 of these pictures.

Ales first response “I hope she is okay, she isn’t getting sick is she??”

We are SERIOUSY working on his worries with this girl lately… baby steps, baby steps.   IMG_6184  Lola and I are trying to rub off on him how easy it can be sometimes to just enjoy the moment.  IMG_6194Ok really this time….    IMG_6205 IMG_6207 IMG_6211

 IMG_6215 IMG_6216 IMG_6217 IMG_6225  By the time Lola and I needed to throw it in the oven it was past the time we needed to be in the car by…. so cancwl that whole adult thing of brining something to Thanksgiving dinner.

We brought batter.

Never the less we woke up to our favorite view, a new swipe on snapchat and a pre heated oven waiting for my batter to melt away!

IMG_6234

That morning in particular I was most thankful for a hubby who wakes up with the girl hours before me because for whatever reason she always wakes up earliest when we travel!!

Moving on,  after a close bunt cake fail scare….. success was ours!IMG_6253  B suggested the chef pose with her finished product!IMG_6256   BTW:  Don’t you love my overly HUGE Turkey day shirt….. Enough room to eat the entire cake and then some… Tell me I don’t plan ahead. IMG_6239   Taytay came bearing gifts as always… she  forgets my kid already prefers her over me and still brings her gifts for bribery… Lola has me sworn to secrecy to NOT point this out to her though ;)IMG_6247

      We took on a new hobby, or should I say expertise of clam hunting with the girl that week and found its a really good way to work up an appetite for the girl!IMG_6282 I made it back just in time to get points for setting the table  and making the crescent rolls (and eat over half of them in dough).IMG_6303

 IMG_6313 IMG_6317   Bellies are full and naptime was vetoed by Lola, I call that a  Thanksgiving success!IMG_6334 IMG_6341

This year I am MOST thankful for a family who makes Lou and I’s obsession with our child seem COMPLETLY normal.IMG_6439IMG_6437IMG_6438IMG_6374

You honestly would forget life is going on around any of us when she is around!  IMG_6346

The sun was just starting to go down so we went out to take some pics with the girl naturally… IMG_6354 IMG_6355 IMG_6359IMG_6435IMG_6427IMG_6448Lola preferred looking the other way the ENTIRE time to look for boats…. I’m not sure why Tatay can’t up her paparazzi kill to stand on a float to take our pictures…. I mean hello?IMG_6432IMG_6389IMG_6366     I will not be jealous, I will not be jealous, I will not be jealous.

What makes you think  I am jealous?IMG_6383 IMG_6384  We have the sweetest neighbors at the lake who are ALL about hospitality and entertaining…. IMG_6405

They even have 2 kids Lola loves playing with! We got there just as the sun was setting for a bon fire while Lola had her first “jumping in the leaves” experience!  IMG_6399IMG_6449  The perfect ending!IMG_6409

0 comments: