CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 28, 2010

My 3 helpers while I was out sick

Until….These two were caught sleeping on the job!

So no, they were not much help bedsides being wonderful cuddle bugs while their mommy was sick in bed for 2 days… I assume it was a sinus bug? Well, those two loved every minute of it! Their daddy on the other hand was a big help as usual….. he is always so good at care taking when I’m sick….. Mom has always loved to tell the story of when we were in high school and I was in the hospital and he came running to hold my spit up bucket as I projectile vomited. :) I never saw what the big deal was, I assumed that’s what anyone would do for someone they love? I guess because mom babied us so much when we were sick that I was spoiled to the idea of being taken care of? Oh well I loved it, and still do!


YES YOU!

I guess she is prone to spoil anything… Tuck and Mill don’t mind though…

SO luckily Lou does a wonderful job of taking over the “mom” role when I’m sick… I was “babied” the whole time!! Popsicles, our designated sick singing teddy bear (that i got lou when he had swine flu), loading me up on liquid (of course) Nyquil and Dayquil along with apple juice, cleaning up all my snotty tissues that i threw all over the floor (he attempted moving the trash can each time i changed positions but i didn’t participate in that well) and a slumber party in the den on the hide-a-bed Wednesday night… oh yes, and falling asleep to back rubs! Did other kids sleep in the den as a treat when they were sick growing up, or just a thing at our house? Anyway…Yes, I milked it!

My throat hurt so bad Wednesday night when i got home that i couldn’t greet the babies with my usual squeaky -happy to see you- pup talk, so Lou was under special orders to over do his “entrance” to them when he arrived home…. You know how emotional miss priss is, she immediately thinks she’s in trouble if I don’t come home in my happy voice… I was scared they would both put themselves in time out assuming i was mad!!

NOTE: I’m a bit scared talking in all this past tense… I am currently/newly hoarse, however, still assuming the worst is behind me.

Then we have sweet Laura calling to check on me each day asking all her nurse “like” detailed questions, “What color is your snot” and “ What do your ears feel like?” Then she continued to text Lou the next day of her recommendations of medicine for me to take. I thing she was born for the job!

*HINT* HINT*

So today was a bit better and I managed to make it to study group at a cute new coffee shop, in Roswell which I think i will be returning to tomorrow… 3 more days until COMPS!! Too bad my helpers couldn’t have studied for me while I was sick!?!?

I almost forgot to mention Tucker’s visitor today, when Rachel came over she brought CHELSEA! Poor Chelsea, Tucker doesn’t have many friends for reasons I will not be discussing publicly ;) so he get’s VERY excited when he has company and smothers them a bit… Chelsea was so exhausted when she got back home she barely had the energy to greet her daddy, Andy, after not having seen him in 5 days! Sorry Andy, don’t take it personal :)

Wish me luck, last blog until comps!

FYI: Keep in mind this blog is from Friday( 2 days ago), I have had "issues" with it posting... Billy and Lou... get on it!!

0 comments: