CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, March 5, 2010

One Sick Puppy

Is this not the sweetest looking sick puppy you have ever seen!!

DSC06254

(beware of length of post, I tend to ramble when I’m worried!)

Of course this is AFTER taking pain medication…. and notice, the blanket I laid down for him is not what he preferred to lay on…  oh well!

So what a scare, I came home from work last night about 6:30 to find Alex (who walked in the door 5 minutes prior) sitting on the floor with tucker rolled on his back. note: alex’s first words to me when he herd me walking in was “don’t do all the squeaky talk excited stuff just come here” I guess he knew Tucker would panic to get up. 

So I walked in and sat down with them, Milly was in a panic state, and Tucker was shaking/trembling (legs only). Alex said this did not start until i walked in the door, he may have just been excited to stand up and couldn’t not sure? So we ran out the house with Tucker in Lou’s arms and to the vet we go!

We walked in the door 5 minutes before they closed (Thank Goodness!) and told them about his history of having a bad back left hip but this time he was not walking on his front left. One time before this has happened after he spent a long day at Alex’s parents house running around off the leash, he woke up the next morning un able to walk, the doctor said that time that he must have over used his front leg too much (since he can’t use the back). This time appeared to be the same, but more painful and he had not spent the previous day or week running around?

So they took him back (muzzle and all…tear),  I hate when they do it but when it comes to touching his hip…. I don’t make any promises! An hour or so later ( and $300 later) the x rays show nothing (i knew it!) and we leave with pain medication…. Poor guy!

So we are NOT SURE why this happened this particular time, but Tucker sure did give me a scare….. I was “that girl” hiding my tears in the waiting room when i herd a dog cry from the back…. I knew it was my Tuck. He had my stomach in knots all night.

So back home we go and Tuck was still not walking but Milly was SOOO EXCITED, HAPPY and WORRIED to see her brother…. she’s never stayed home alone before and knew something was going on when we left. I felt bad leaving her alone and scared but she’s a tuff gal!

DSC06243 DSC06245 (She knew which leg was hurt… look how careful she is being)

She was soo happy to see us and worried me more how “all over tucker she was with kisses” I knew he did not want to be bothered and the medicine had not set in yet!

SO anyway it was a STRESSSFUL night and a horrible scare! Tucker likes to worry his mama sometimes and it doesn’t take much…. Thank God for pain killers and sedatives right Tuck!! DSC06253

He ate well after the medicine set in (we are not sure how long he was laying down unable to get to his food that day), he also pottied with the help of his daddy, and was also carried to bed (along with his mama).

THIS MORNING Tucker was a wobbling, limping, walking big boy!!

I am sooo relieved!! He also drank some more water this morning and took his medicine better than his mama does! And after a few  minutes of limping wobbles he is now walking almost fine…

We will see in a week if he is ok with out the medicine, so keep your fingers crossed!!

We LOVE YOU Tucker Jones!!

Don’t Scare us like that again!!

0 comments: