CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Spring break where are you, the real you???

So this new spring break is a fraud… it has taken and hidden my “real” spring break that I remember so very well!!

image

  • The one I looked forward to for weeks even months along with Lou and my girls friends because we always had plans for an amazing vacation!!!
  • Weeks before spending hours on end surfing Travelzoo trying to find THE BEST deal ever….
  • Spending money i never had to buy new bathing suits and sundresses to wear on our nights out!
  • Feeling so sunburned at the end of the first day that it took one drink for us to be wasted!
  • The fact that you were always concurrent with St. Pattys day so we made it to every Savannah St. Pattys day parade!

image

image

I guess I could classify the lost spring break as an “undergrad” spring break…. who is not lost at all… just not here with me.

Needless to say I am currently on SPRING BREAK…. although you may have noticed… not to happy about the way it’s going.

Alex actually walked in the den last night and said “I thought you were on spring break? What in the world are you doing"?” I was sitting with my book open, highlighter out, laptop open (to Microsoft word) and a stack of notes on my lap….sad. So i explained….

(BEWARE VENT SESSION STASRTING NOW!)

“The Tuesday I return from Spring break I have 2 midterms… one is over 14 chapters (our ENTIRE book, literally) and we have only covered 11 of those chapters with NO review!! “

And actually this week I have decided to go to my internship instead of taking off completely for spring break because  the week after next week  is going to be even worse than our returning week because we have the comp exams and I will want to take advantage of my off days to prepare for them… also that week is when Alex is off so I would rather stay home with a study buddy!

RIP Spring break, I loved the times we shared!

image

Those of you who know me are waiting for the “but” I suppose… It’s never ALL study with me right…. haha So yes, I did have a wonderful Saturday… Lou and I both had company… Lance came and Jessica and her friends Lauren and Kelly also came to visit!!

The boys tried out new wrestling moves (of course)….

DSC06265

while we opened a bottle of wine or 2, got pretty, looked for something to wear, found a Mexican place (more importantly Margaritas) and went dancing until I told a VERY RUDE GUY that my husband was a UFC fighter……. then it was time to go :) 

DSC06267

DSC06273

Sunday was pretty terrible….. My foot hurt SOOOO bad and I had/have no clue why? And my entire body was sore….Note: I also spent Saturday morning “playing around” or so i thought, with the new p90x…. It works.

No worries I’m sure between my 2 half weeks off/on I will get in a good many tid bits of fun, one SHOULD include meeting THOMAS LANIER and Manda as a real mommy and today included our 9 month wedding anniversary!!

However I am sooo subconsciously hoping that I will get all of my studying done and we can scoot down to Hilton Head the week of Alex’s spring break for a mini vacay…. I know it will not happen, or shouldn’t happen because of my upcoming comps but a girl can dream can’t she!?!?!?

0 comments: