CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, July 2, 2010

Summer Favorites and Projects

No, I did not forget to post as promised…This is a small heads up of what we have found to love and what we have been up to the past few weeks of summer!

1) Chocolate Milk.

My husband is addicted!! Lou comes home from work and doesn’t want a beer he wants his chocolate milk. I admit, I am his biggest enabler but i like fattening him up and it makes him happy!

2) The end of our one year calendar :(

This definitely needs to be documented. It was our one year calendar specifically for newlywed couples in the  first year of marriage. I (of course) absolutely loved it and I used it to document silly, usually  pointless daily things such as when we had company, what i cooked for dinner, date nights and random incidents. At the end of each month i would cover the decorated top part with a few pictures of that month and so it was (and now is) an instant scrapbook when it’s all over!!! DSC08976

Are you wondering why it’s under “summer projects”?

Well Lou is almost worst than me when it comes to things “ending” and change. We don’t like it.  So as the first week went by I felt lost not writing down anything that we did (even though the blog was intended to suffice as a form of documentation, you can never have too many). 

So after Alex’s request to continue the calendar we are on the hunt for another one! As of now I am using an ordinary Golden Retriever (of course) calendar so all i have to do is backtrack when i find another scrapbook one! but I am on the hint to find one!!

How neat would it be to have 25 calendars to look back on of how we spent each day on our 25 year wedding anniversary!?!?

3) Home made lemonade

DSC09223   This is the easiest thing in the world to make although Lou has his own name for it and refuses to sip it down until I re-assure him  that “yes, it’s Jen’s famous lemonade”.DSC09228

Just take about three lemons, a lemon strainer, splenda (1/2 cup, although Lou refuses to drink it when he knows I used this instead of sugar) or sugar (1 cup) and fill the rest up with ice and water!DSC09225

YUMMMM!

4) Hot Crab Cheese Dip

We tested this out Monday when mom and dad were here with our left over crab legs. One Word, mmmmmm.

DSC09216

You just mix American cheese (shredded), block of cream cheese, garlic powder, wine (and yes, you get to decide how much), and the crab meat, I ofcourse threw more cheese on top for “color”. Heat it at 350 for 30 minutes. Done! DSC09188  DSC09192    It’s really good with bread sticks or chips!DSC09214

5) Alex’s graduation party invitation’s.

This was a nightmare, but after about 35 mess up’s they are  addressed, sealed and shipped!

DSC09180

Alex’s hates my “slogan” on them (because it rhymes and is really cute) and he doesn’t understand why I needed to make them “cute” but I told him it was MY party, just for him, so I can do what i want…… right?DSC09182

“Please help us celebrate as our Clemson graduate, starts his big career as an Electrical Engineer”

I couldn’t be more proud, can you tell?

He really has worked so hard and is still working so hard with 50 hours a week at work and squeezing in his last few summer classes in on his lunch breaks and after he gets home!

We’re all proud of you Lou and can’t wait to celebrate YOU on August 7th when you will finally finish and be able to showoff all you have accomplished!

6) Speaking of which, we will be taking a vacation, BIG vacation, the week after graduation with Andy and Rachel. This will be Andy’s first time  OUT OF THE COUNTRY!

I can hardly stand it, as usual, I have not booked a place yet (this is a part of the psycho-ness, I always wait around to make sure nothing better is going to come along), this is also why I have been so slack about blogging. Every time I sit down to blog I end up stalking the deals of travelzoo, bookit and cheapcarribbean.

It’s crunch time now though, it’s between Mayan Riviera (Alex has ALWAYS wanted to go see the ruins) or Cancun.

mexico-cancun-s  I think we will be able to see ruins either way, and I know we will have fun at both, it’s just hard to decide!! I think I will update you all with my our decision by the end of next week!! hahaCancunTulum02

I will be happy as long as I find one of these!! Their fresh water swimming caves and you can snorkel in them!!

585cenotes

I absolutely cannot wait!! Only good things ahead of us so far!! Should be an exciting rest of the summer!!

0 comments: