CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Bad Parenting 101

BREAKING NEWS.

DSC00254

For Five years now Alex and I have always wondered “Who did it?” when we come home to a mess, granite these have been far and few over the last 3 years but I vividly remember the days when it was a daily routine….. DSC00012

Coming home to scared babies waiting/begging their mom to open the time out door for them to run and hide from the mess they had made. A chewed couch, remotes, pillows, endless shoes, text books, dumped over trash cans, coffee tables and any other possible item that may not have been put up in it’s place when i would leave the house.

Tucker was only with us about 2 months before Milly “found” us, so most of their lives they have done everything together, including time outs. The tricky part has always been figuring out who was the bad boy/girl and since we couldn’t, we would punish both of them. Over time we eventually began believing Milly was the culprit and Tuck was just an innocent bystander so we bagan focusing more of the punishment towards her yet still fussed at Tuck. This was mostly believed because Milly was smart enough to be bad, and has a “bad ass” attitude while Tuck is a “”momma’s boy” and it just didn’t fit his character to do any wrong…..DSC00104

This all changed Monday night and we are now questioning everything from the beginning.

At 5am (technically Tuesday morning) Alex caught tucker in the act after he woke up to find Tuck in the pantry with the trash can turned over and Tucks face in a box of thrown away leftovers!!! I naturally slept through the whole thing but Alex had to put him in timeout, then get back out of bed ten minutes later to take him back out of timeout!DSC00595

I was shocked, my Tucker Jones? No. That’s something Milly would do…… right? Maybe not, maybe all this time I assumed it was Milly and it really wasn’t? Oh god, what have I created? Maybe Milly is “rude” now only because she resents me for years of punishing her when tucker did something? 

     I’m sorry Milly, you found a bad momma and I feel terrible!!!

SONY DSC

Speaking of which, I actually came home to the same thing today, a turned over trashcan. That makes it the second time this week and second time this year, YEAH. I think they both resent me for beign gone so much lately, just wait until school starts my whole house will turn into a chewy toy if this is how they plan to take out their anger!!!

SONY DSC

Oh Tuck, bless you.

1 comments:

Karen said...

But really how do you KNOW?? maybe Milly dumped the trash can and Tuck just got caught "cleaning up" after Milly?? so they would not get in trouble?? You better have your handy hubby set up the nanny camcorder again!!!!