CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, July 11, 2010

A Lake, A Tent, A lot of food, Amazing Friends & a Ton of Fun was had on our Fourth!!

This year we celebrated July Fourth the way I have always pictured spending it in my head for years and years! SONY DSC

Out on a lake with great friends, cooking out each night and playing drinking games until we fell asleep under the stars.

It was perfect.

DSC09747

Speaking of sleeping [arrangements] it was sooo much better than I thought….. when you see this picture you may think “What! Ohh God no!” DSC09323

When I saw it I thought “oehhhh, cuddle time!”, there was actually another bunk available next to it but that is sooo not fun! We like sharing :) haha but honestly the next night it was so gorgeous out and I was too drunk/ verge of dizziness to quietly go to sleep in that small space so we pitched the tent, took the bunk mattresses out the bunk beds and spent the remaining nights sleeping under the stars!

DSC09758

A slight unfortunate feature of falling asleep under the stars inevitably includes waking up in the sun!!! But this little missy was waiting for my hand to peak out of the tent each morning so it was all worth it!

DSC09347

That and the smell of the sweetest, most generous hostess in the world scrambling up a five star breakfast for us each morning!!  DSC09764

Mrs. Georgette.

DSC09341 Let’s just say we had PLENTY to eat, at all times!

DSC09338

First things first, Renee had Alex signed up to fix computer problems ASAP as Kailey chugged down her coffee (yes for real)!!

DSC09899

I swear this whole blog will not be about Kailey BUT I have to share this. I was sitting there telling her about the call I had just gotten from Andy and Rachel (our babysitters to Kailey) and they told me about how Tucker had gotten loose and ran out the door…

So I explained it alllll to Kailey, “Tucker is my doggie but he is at the baby sitters house this weekend because he was too bad to come here and he ran away, all the way down the road so he got a spanking, but Milly was inside being a good girl so she didn’t get a spanking”…. No worries I didn’t make Milly out to be a princess, I told her about Milly’s bad days when -Milly used to be her mama’s dog but she sucked at it so I took Milly from her,,,,,, Well Renee herd where that was going so she took Kailey away from me  :)

Anyway, don’t you know Kailey remembered every word and told Renee the whole story about Tucker (whom she has never even met) running away and getting a spankin!!

DSC09321

Thanks TJ for providing mama a good story for Kay bug and sorry to Andy and Rachel that he gave ya’ll hell!!

So little did I know I didn’t even “need” this sweet thing to save me from cussing the heat out…. it was beautiful!!!

DSC09383

What a doll she is and if you weren’t dying to have a baby before a weekend with her you are now!! I found myself missing her every time she went away for a quick nap or when we would leave the beach to make food for everyone at the camp site.

DSC09379

Renee and Josh could not be more lucky!!!! DSC09456

I must say Kailey has good taste…… she developed a slight crush on Alex this weekend and when we all hugged her bye Monday morning she stopped when it was Alex’s turn and started to fall asleep on his shoulder….

DSC09869The crush definitely goes both ways…..

And Kailey’s mama sometimes can’t help herself with my Lou either…. she decided to give him a mud bath.

This is how is went…..

DSC09665

DSC09676DSC09674

haha Lou knows better than to mess with that chicka!

Anyway, Here are a ton few  of my favorites moments that I captured from our weekend….

DSC09790

Can I just say Alex wanted to bring a hammock so bad but we could not find his “jungle hammock” (from when he was a little boy), so we did without….. Wouldn’t you know when we got to our campsite the neighbors had TWO hammocks set up overlooking the water. DSC09953

Poor Lou they just had to rub it in didn’t they.

DSC09776

DSC09854Love bugs!!! DSC09783

My most favorite hobby ever!!! I thought I could tube all day until tubing with the “Thompson Men”…. OOOWW!

DSC09369

(Can I just say Lou soooo made Tubing no fun, “Jen hold on, Jen this may hurt, Jen here comes a wave, Jen are you holding on?” I mean I may as well have taken KERN!) Love you both. :)

DSC09807

No worries Stephanie gave at least one of the Thomson boys pay back after peeing on Josh when they went tubing together!!

  Take note: the girls did not get the rope tied up underneath the jet ski…. the boys did.DSC09793

I thought this picture was a perfect way to explain what our weekend with our claimed piece of land looked like…

DSC09420 DSC09438We were trouble……... and I’m not sure why they trusted us with the jet ski….. I guess because they had already broken it???   DSC09464 DSC09495 DSC09500 DSC09516

DSC09555DSC09520

DSC09355DSC09525 DSC09538 DSC09552DSC09605

Lou was such a pro on the wakeboard, he had only ever tired it twice before with Andrew and ended up learning to “switch” it over the weekend!!

DSC09584

Thanks Andrew for “donating” it to Alex!!

DSC09629

I love this of Ney,  although she’s not so much fond of it…

DSC09567DSC09651  Kailey fishing with her paw paw….

DSC09401 Couldn’t you just squeeze her!!!DSC09798 DSC09801

Lunch time!! DSC09803Our entertainment besides Kay bug…. ( also you can choose Joe to be in this category is you wish as well) DSC09353DSC09874  Haha ok, but seriously, I can’t help but laugh when I see this picture of Joe, either of them…..DSC09824

Classic (literally, Mrs. Georgette and Mr. Eric found these glasses 30 years ago on this same beach and have kept them in their boat ever since….. who would have known they would come back in style……. Well Kinda Joe.)

DSC09864

DSC09359

“If those damn fish don’t quit biting me”  -Georgette DSC09844     This is what Sunday, the actual 4th looked like at our campsite…DSC09910

Boston Butts (my first experience) , greens, corn, potato salad biscuits and BANANA PUDDING!! DSC09912

We were very festive with our drinks too: rum, pineapple and a splash of cranberry…..

who knew it would turn out red, white and blue ;) DSC09917

This was the sunset on the fourth…. it took Stephanie and I many attempts each night and we finally perfected it our last night!

“Omg there it is RUNNNNNNNN before it goes down”

DSC09920 DSC09925

Somebody was getting sleepy…. until the fireworks started!!! DSC09934  Now that is a July Fourth.DSC09959

I spotted these pretty little things on the way to Clark Hill Friday but it was too dark to stop, so I bugged reminded Alex all weekend that we needed to stop and check them out on our way home Monday…DSC09964

I would love nothing more than to do the exact same thing every year, with the same people, at the same place and with the same weather!! :)           

0 comments: