CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Daddy’s Home

So the beginning of our week was MADE when we got a call from daddy Lou saying he was working from home all week!!

Hip, hip hooray for more daddy Lou time (and taking advantage of his every lunch break)!

IMG_3352

We have been SO excited about daddy getting to work from HOME with us al week but I am quickly learning this may be an expensive week for us… Lol my first instinct was to go out of town but with the weather not looking too pretty I have created a HUGE to do list/ re-decorate list…

I think it’s a combination of him being home and having more time to do things AND us having SPRING fever (even though this weather stinks)!

IMG_3356IMG_3495IMG_3497

So his first day home we hoped to it and he managed to get our back deck pressure washed on his lunch break.

Lola quickly learned her water gun was no match for daddy’s water gun…IMG_3500IMG_3505IMG_3509

Can we just talk about the amount of style this girl has… and no shame. You can say a lot of thing about sweet Lola but lacking confidence is not one of them.

IMG_3513IMG_3512

It’s amazing we ever leave the house with the amount of “items” and clothing essentials she deems a “must have”… usually when we’re walking out the door she starts panicking to have me grab more and more and more bags, umbrellas, baby dolls etc.

When her hands get too full she decides what I need to carry for her…. This day in particular I could have lived in forever… she was so content playing in her room ad you could see her imagination just running wild.

IMG_3371

As soon as I tried this swim suit on her she wanted her “swim boots”! then she insisted she put on her Halloween leg warmers (initially on top f the boot)… she was happy as could be once she got her outfit the way she wanted it and then played with all the stuffed animals in her basket getting them a certain way… you could tell she had something on her mind and a certain way she wanted them to be positioned….

I could watch her for hours.IMG_3376IMG_3391IMG_3402IMG_3407IMG_3408IMG_3411

She was so content that I actually had time (the first in two years-lol) to get my real camera and snap a few pics of her… well that didn’t last because she snatched it as soon as I brought it up.

I showed her how to use it and she ran straight to the window to snap some pics of the construction boys working at the neighbors house… this girl ya’ll.

IMG_3416IMG_3418IMG_3423

Then she set her chair up right in front of the front door- she doesn’t miss a beat.IMG_3426

After her naps she learned daddy was ALL hers weather he was done with his work or not lolIMG_3431

…and Mr. Henry is always all hers!IMG_3433IMG_3435

It’s so odd how every time Lola goes through a new phase I swear it’s panned around when we are both home! She learned to walk when Lou and I were both home on Christmas break and she has obviously gone through a HUGE dress up phase this past week week!

Out skirts from Aunt Gloria she got for her birthday are AMAZING and she loves them because she can put them on herself (or on Milly)!IMG_3442IMG_3445IMG_3447IMG_3449IMG_3452IMG_3456

Finally it was FRIDAY and we were determined daddy was not going to get anything done!

Lola on the other hand was busy at work putting together one of my favorite outfits of the week… I literally laughed at her all day and she had no idea why!

She could not wait to show daddy what she had put together, you can imagine his response.

Heart melted.

IMG_3552IMG_3554IMG_3557

IMG_3521IMG_3527IMG_3533

As if my hoarding, homeless child could pull off another look her daddy then gave her bird food that she began to throw in the air and they were then both confused as to why I was crying and about to wet myself from laughing so hard!IMG_3532IMG_3539

I (obviously) had no room to talk.IMG_3541IMG_3543

Yes, we ran to the grocery JUST LIKE THIS and sister strutted her stuff (and 3 purses/fanny pack inclusive of snails inside) like it was gold.

IMG_3568

IMG_3560IMG_3561IMG_3572IMG_3578IMG_3585IMG_3593IMG_3598IMG_3606

This is hands down my favorite video ever! I could not even hold the camera straight I was laughing so hard

FYI- sister has a new thing about being “scary” now and she is yet again confident in that arena too.IMG_3608

IMG_3548

Lola, how did we get so lucky.

Thank you for being our Lola.

This weekend was LOTS more of the same- sadly it’s quite possible our yard looks worse than when we started, our yard man bailed on us the second day and my to do list for Alex is getting longer and not shorter.

Spring fever is in FULL bloom!

0 comments: