CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 21, 2011

A Sisterly kind of Weekend

Tara came up for a “surprise me” visit this weekend to car shop and well, eat lunch with the two coolest people she knows!

DSC06158

The car we looked at (that she ended up deciding against) was near the Marietta Square so where else to have lunch than at Old Ephraims, a place Ali and Dave took Shannon and I to once for barbeque last year during the good ole CobbCSB 2 hour lunch breaks!!

  Lou: ready- Tara:  doubting her ability to tackle that one….DSC06145 DSC06149

I put the camera up after this one…… DSC06152

Yeah, yeah, you love me Lou! DSC06155

Ok so I at least directed my picture taking abilities else where…..

DSC06161

After tearing it up at lunch Tara decided we needed dessert…. she is always a bad influence on me! She needed a Milkshake and that meant I “all of a sudden” needed a cookie dough AND Heath bar ice cream (and yes Tina, Tara gets scraw-burry too)DSC06156  Tara and Lou “car watched” in the park to try and decide what her next car purchase should be….. I think they decided on an Audi.

Am I jealous? ….. YES! DSC06162

FYI: I have just never seen Milly be sooooooooo Clingy with someone and I may know why, she has her great grama in her….DSC06133

Tara say what you want but I think my Mildred would say the same thing as Mommom (Mildred) if she could talk: “I’m clingy because you don’t visit or call me enough!”

DSC06135

Anyway, then it was time for Tara’s way too short visit to end and Amara’s birthday party to begin!

DSC06166

Amara’s BFF Susan and her husband Shane prepared a “Family Style” feast for everyone at their house and then we went to Whole World Theatre for an improv comedy show!

(All pics stolen from Rachels camera- I’m bad, I know!)

DSC06496

*36*

DSC06520

Yes, that was home made Sangria in the bottom left corner- with a twist of cinnamon*

DSC06536

Almost her whole Birthday Crew minus Tony and Shane….

SONY DSC

  I love Andy and Rachel in this one….. especially Andy! SONY DSC                     SONY DSC

DSC06553

Sometimes we just don’t know when to call it a night…..

DSC06608Happy Birthday Amara!!

In other news we ventured out to a new restaurant near our house in the Virginia Highlands  area called Fontaine’s Oyster House… it reminded me of the restaurants on River Street which I always miss around St. Patty’s day!IMG_20110320_135054

It’s official though, no one knows how to celebrate Patty’s Day like Savannah- but they did have tater tots and that IS a big deal!

Lastly, I have to tell you Tuck’s embarrassing story…..

DSC06123

First of all Tuck made me agree that if I tell his embarrassing story I have to remind those reading to think back to when they themselves did the same thing because more than likely everyone has done it….

DSC06138

Secondly- We all know Tuck is easily distracted as it is and when you add bumble bee season to that mix its a recipe for disaster.

Ok time to spill it- Tuck ran full speed into our bedroom screen door trying to go outside and his head literally turned to the side and his body scrunched up against it!

Ha we both watched it happen (I slightly predicted it as it was happening and yelled “Tuck watch out for screen” but it was too late)! the poor baby was so embarrassed he left the room when we laughed….DSC06168

So we both walked out and with out a word came back with our “solutions”… mine was the green “X” tape and Alex returned with tape and a sheet of paper.

Problem solved.

See Tuck it did happen in every family and apparently each household had a different way of dealing with it :)

Happy Spring Fever!

0 comments: