CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A Look At My LAST Spring Break (maybe)*

I feel like I did everything and nothing all at the same time! Wow, and what big hopes I had for myself… let’s not go there.

Ok I will go there- the goal of writing two papers ended after writing 3 sentences for one paper!! Ohhh I could just shoot myself in the foot!

Anyway, I had fun being a house wife for a week!

DSC06066

*I got to meet Alex everyday for a lunch date.

*I now know why most days I come home and Milly appears agitated- her brother spends the entire day whimpering, barking and chasing the squirrels from window to window.

*We got to go out and do “fun stuff” on week nights and pretend like it was a weekend because my legs weren’t exhausted from walking an estimated 24 flights of Grady stairs at the end of the day!

*I found a great new Endocrinologist for Alex to start seeing here in Atlanta and joined him on our first visit.

alex doctor

*I tried to sleep in every morning until AT LEAST double digits but the other 2 guest in my bed were not having it….

Monday Mills woke me up throwing up (found a whole piece of bone in her throw up- greedy self).

Tuesday Tucker barked at the squirrels until I got out the bed to open the curtains.

Wednesday I woke up to a huge PLOP- Tuck fell out the bed- literally.

DSC05997

He’s ok though, before i could jump out the bed to check on him he made his way to the “squirrel window”.

I think Thursday and Friday I eventually slept in!!

*Anyway on with the festivities*

Friday we played at all went to Ormsbys… one of our favorites! I think I have talked about it before.. It’s a German bar with ONLY imported beers (I found yet another beer I like btw…that’s 3 now!)They have the best “games” here to play Bochet ball is their most famous though… So Liz and I got so excited when it was our turn but ended up playing Bochet ball with a bunch of Nazi's!

All is well because we found a new toy after that: Photo booth!

jen lou jeff andy lou

I think Lee ruined every picture he was in…. or tried to be in!

lee jeff andy lou rachel jen

Needless to say, you are NEVER to old for a photo booth!

On to Fat Tuesday AKA Mardi Gras!!

DSC06015

Sean hosted his second fundraiser for the Leukemia and Lymphoma society Tuesday and when I say it was packed IT WAS PACKED!

Yayyy for SEAN!

DSC06025

Don’t you just love how Andy and Rachel are sitting?

DSC06024

I swear this wasn’t even posed…. haha  DSC06014This was however, but hey they were passing out the cutest masks and beads at the door!  

Anyway the next day is when Alex and I met his new doctor… Well this kid ends up getting so “upset” because when they weighed him he weighed ten pounds less than what he thought he weighed.

Every normal person rights now probably wants to jump through the screen and hit him right?

The nurse and I sure did!

It’s the Minnicks genes I swear, so anyway I went straight home (after gaining the ten pounds back on yet another lunch date) and made “his punishment” for being upset.

DSC06046

-A chocolate cake-

haha evil I know!

Ok so fast forward to this weekend…..

How beautiful was it btw!!

DSC06086

We were lucky enough to be outside for all of it and worked on our front yard a bit (see those bags… we filled up 9 of them!)- before going to check out a lot in the cutest craftsman style subdivision Andy and Rachel are thinking of buying a house in…

possible house

Theirs a train station in the back of the subdivision… naturally Alex was infatuated!

Decisions, decisions… glad it’s not me having to decide!!

Finally we had a cookout ( yes again, the boy is obsessed with his grill)! The cookout consisted of about,  ohh  a million people and a million dogs!! Just the way i like it- ha my parents, Alex’s mom and family, Rachel’s family a few new friends and Jeff and Liz too!

DSC06118

They know who to go to…in Mill’s words: “Grama will cave” DSC06102 DSC06117

Rocket and Greylan met each other for the first time and fell in love, I think because they are the two biggest dog’s each of them has ever seen! DSC06096     Grey “the leaner”… and Matt and Andy trying to make me nervous sitting up there!DSC06121   Well I will end by saying I came in my office today with a gift…

sand dollar A notepad with the “star fish story” on it in honor of National Social Work Day today!

One day a man was walking along the beach when he noticed a boy picking something up and gently throwing it into the ocean. Approaching the boy, he asked, “What are you doing?”The youth replied, “Throwing starfish back into the ocean. The surf is up and the tide is going out.  If I don’t throw them back, they’ll die.” “Son,” the man said, “don’t you realize there are miles and miles of beach and hundreds of starfish? You can’t make a difference!” After listening politely, the boy bent down, picked up another starfish, and threw it back into the surf.  Then, smiling at the man, he said… ”I made a difference for that one.”

by: Loren Eiseley

So my payback in honor of this special day and is to ask people to please help out the people of Japan and donate 10$ by texting

REDCROSS to 90999

…which will add 10$ to your phone bill and to also keep them in your thoughts and prayers!

0 comments: