CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, June 3, 2010

A Memorable Memorial Weekend

So A few BIG DEAL things happened this Memorial Weekend (which may cause for a long blog- actually it will def be long, but hopefully I can supply you with more pictures than words today).

Some completely insignificant things happened too but we will leave those for last…..

1) Lance fought in his first MMA (Mixed Martial Arts- yes, I asked AT the fight what it stood for) and he WON!! 

Can you title yourself undefeated after one win? Guess i should have asked that at the fight too!?!

SONY DSC

I have to say though, I knew he would win.…. he’s Lance! In case you can’t tell I was very proud!

SONY DSC

Although I was very “cocky” with my confidence in Lance, he was the exact opposite and not the least bit cocky! It was so cute, he was the only one with out a shaved head, no tattoo’s, and in regular gym shorts and if I had to guess he was also the only one with an engineering degree from Georgia Tech! Just a guess :)

SONY DSC

I love this picture, calm, cool and steady wins the race! That guy looks scared doesn’t he!!?!?

SONY DSC

This isn’t the winning moment but i believe it was one of the many times Lance had the guy before actually dominating winning… :)

SONY DSC                     Below: This was sooo funny and was also when I knew “it was for sure, we got this!”

So Lance had the guy and was sitting on him, literally, but in this league you can’t hit in the face while their down ( I think). So the guy tried to “hop” Lance off of him a few times, it was so hilarious that I actually, finally, started to calm down and was able to cheer!SONY DSC                     Shortly after the second round started Lance had won!!!

The guy tapped out after a few short seconds of experiencing Lance’s Guillotine…. (I’m trying really hard to use the right lingo here, can ya tell?)!SONY DSC

What a RELIEF!!! I was so happy for him but I honestly couldn’t take much more at that point! I have been nervous for the past month and could barely catch my breath as the fight started.

Images kept going through my head of him getting hit in the face and I honestly didn’t know how I would react when/if  it really happened, (I was scared the mama bear in me would come out and we would all get kicked out,well that or Lee and Alex would jump the fence to help him out and then we would really all get kicked out) luckily I was “good” and he WHIPED him!! It may have taken about 30 minutes after the fight was over for my hands to finally quit shaking (explains the shitty/blurry pictures…sorry) but it was worth it and I did enjoy myself….

Definitely a good people watching sport too and we stuck out like a sore thumb I do believe. Ohh Gainesville, GA thank you for providing quite a sight for us…..just trust me!

What a Champ!

SONY DSC

Lance, I promise to try and make it to all of your fights and be your #1 fan, if you promise not to talk of any of this MMA fighting to my future children! Deal?

  2) Adam came to visit all of his Hot-Lanta siblings, so i decided we needed to have a cook out and Amara offered her hubby to do so…..

I love anything Sean grills for me… MMM MMM MMM!

DSC08626Adam rolled his eyes in every picture I attempted to take of him, but I caught him SMILING in this one! Ok so maybe it’s a smirk, what a good brother though, he came to chauffer Autumn around during her car troubles this weekend even though he was literally between surgeries!

What a good sport he is, even if the “event” would have to be the Miss America Pageant :)DSC08643It was just fun having everyone together to dodge the rain clouds with. Most of the weekend actually turned out pretty perfect though, especially for a cookout, some wine and good chatter!

DSC08629  Andy and Rachel’s new dog CHARLIE aka Charles aka Charles Darwin aka Charlie and the Chocolate Factory got to come to the cook out and meet Greylan :)

They have decided to work on his manners at a latter point and time :) ha I think he’s pretty perfect manner less though :)

DSC08639

    DSC08649

This was hilarious, Alex’s favorite pillow is and will probably always be a dog’s belly, funny thing is, as soon as he laid down on Greylan Charlie came running over to climb on Alex’s belly! I didn’t actually catch that part but you get the idea :)

 DSC08657 SONY DSC

DSC08670

Charlie definitely stole everyone’s heart although he may still be working on his daddy’s, but his Aunts and Uncle’s love him!!  DSC08662  

DSC08700No worries Greylan, your still the favorite, at least in the Bennett household.  :)

 DSC08701 DSC08716

I discover something that night too, apparently I had missed out on a big part of my “southern” childhood. Why did I never catch or even remember seeing fireflies? Something is up here, I lived outside when I was little! Maybe I was never still enough to pay them any attention, too consumed by my animals I suppose!

No worries I caught up on my missing fireflies childhood after dinner…. Lou did not miss out on that part of his childhood however, and is a pro fire fly catcher! :)

DSC08735DSC08733

Other weekend Topics that were not a big deals ( because that obviously was!) include these:

This. Talk about annoyed!?!?!?! I was!DSC08613

Alex brought home his “work” for the weekend, shocker I know!Basically he had to run 5,000 tests of…. something… and all i know is that each 1 time a test ran it would vibrate and then ding!

You may not understand the severity, this happened over and over and over and over and over even when we would go to sleep and wake up ,it would still be going, from Friday until Monday night!!

Tucker also “worked” this weekend…. he was on fly duty and as most of you know, he takes his job very seriously ( you know when he’s off duty from being a camp counselor).

 DSC08294 DSC08296 DSC08304DSC08301 DSC08305DSC08302   DSC08313 DSC08319

Patience is never something you can say my baby boy doesn’t have! On days I am home for hours, I will honestly forget he is still “hunting” and all of a sudden he makes a dash at something… yup, he was still on the hunt!

No wonder he has been so good about letting me sleep in, the poor guy’s exhausted! DSC08331

Milly and I thought if we did a little dance it would get him out of his trance, (he is very un-friendly aka un-Tuck-like when he is busy catching flies). DSC08364

ok well actually she was just “in the mood”….. Imagine that!

 DSC08366

What a mess they are……. as is my house.

 DSC08350  

Oh well, just proof of an amazing long weekend, full of sunshine, family and good memories!!

0 comments: