CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 14, 2010

A pool kind of weekend….

It’s hot. Really hot. The only thing that keeps me sane, outside of being in the air conditioner, is the being in the pool.

So I have been. We all have been, float at hand! lou pool

I was a lucky girl this weekend because my company continued….

JJ and Corey came to visit us!!

jj pool

(yes, that is my beloved float in the background)

I think I should consider our guest room/Alex’s office/workout room a hostel… where people pass through and spend time with us as they stay….. We love it!

Autumn and I got lost in time at the pool Saturday (1-7) while lou went with the boys to a 35$ “beer connoisseur festival” to watch the world cup…. I told him before going that he would never drink 35$ worth of beer to get his money’s worth but to HAVE FUN trying :)

As I expected he didn’t, 3 beers down (that he hated the taste of) and he was done trying…. he said they were “real” beers… Lou is a bud light guy, no fancy stuff and even at that he is done after 3 or 4 beers anyway….

Jessica and Corey came over so we could get ready together (and Corey was EXSTATIC to get a nap in after they spent all day in the heat watching the world cup at the sweat sweetwater festival…EW)DSC08959

  Sunday was the best of both worlds if I had to pick any two… Pool and Mexican food afterward (yes, must only come after or I would not enjoy the “stretchy pants” miserable feeling as much) also both of those with friends is a given in those worlds :)

Anyway, it was an amazing/way to fast weekend that I waited way to long for in order to try and get some time in with Lou… and now it’s over…. already! We did get some good sleeping-in time though!

Which was quite the opposite of this morning….. which had the babies a bit “shaken/confused/pissed tired and pathetic looking.

DSC08966

Yes the picture above was taken at 6:30 am……

Why the sudden change in “sleeping in all day habits”?

Well, I had orientation this morning for my new job that I will be starting tomorrow…

(Yes, this is the “summer”  job I interviewed for and was accepted to all before May 12th and yes this is a current blog- June 14th)

Slow process.

Nevertheless I am now in!!

Title: Community Social Services Tech (AND anything else they may ask me to do)

The “anything else” part has apparently already started, I have been notified by a co-worker that we are short staffed so tomorrow on my first day I may be leading groups from 9-2 while the residents are there, even though that is not in my job description. :)

Oh well, if social work has taught me one thing it’s that

“the only thing constant is change”

and if you want a job, go with it the change!

I like doing groups anyway but I always get nervous with new members…. they can be so good at “playing” you/me.

One thing is certain, mornings sure will look different around this house!!

DSC08964

….and we may not all be “thrilled”

DSC08961

……or even acknowledging it!

It’s here though, the lazy summer days are over!

1 comments:

Minnicks Fairy Telling said...

Comment link is now working again!!