CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, June 11, 2010

June is here!!

…. and I have not been here in blog world! I know, I know! But I was too busy playing with all of my company and enjoying the weather we have had during my time off!

No worries,I’m back, so on with the blog!

Aren’t these just gorgeous!!??!!

 DSC08858

Mom and dad came to visit and brought these yummy looking hydrangeas to me that they grew in their yard! They have always had high expectations for their yard each summer but end up traveling way to much to keep up with it! This year they are doing much better and getting some pretty things out of it!!

DSC08850

I love reaping those benefits!

Ohh and these benefits too, thank YOU farmers, for inventing the SEEDLESS Watermelon!!

 DSC08760

I have been on quite a fruit binge lately! I can’t get enough of it!! I come home and cut it all up so it can get good and cold! 

To die for!!

DSC08767    No worries all my healthy fruit has been canceled out with a few deadly cravings I have wanted to test out in the kitchen recently…

My first one was Spinach Alfredo Lasagna… Sooo good!

I kind of made up my own way because I could NOT find a recipe that had exactly what I wanted in it…

DSC08825

Alfredo, spinach and Ricotta cheese.DSC08828

I believe I did 3 layers and baked it all together for 45 minutes at 350. Try it, it’s soooo good!

DSC08835

Oh yeah and I threw some shredded cheese on top at the end :)

DSC08845

My second one was a Chocolate Crumb Cheese Cake bar that I found on the Pioneer Woman’s website, Click here for recipe!

Rachel and I LITERALLY left the pool to go make these Sunday!

DSC08807

…..This was the yummy crust! It taste just like a cookie!

DSC08809

Make the filling….

DSC08814

and it’s done!!

DSC08823

2 tips: Make extra of the crust because we barely had enough to cover the top.

Also, if you don’t like the taste of coffee DO NOT PUT IT IN AT ALL, the whole thing will taste like coffee if you do (I may sub peanut butter instead next time)

- For this reason Rachel and I both hated it!

DSC08840

However my company loved it and “accidently dropped” a lot of it on the “floor” too!!

Speaking of my company this week…. Laura also came to visit us!

DSC08936

Ohh how I miss my Miss Laura time!

This is so “ew” of me but it’s her favorite kind of pic!

DSC08938

It was a short trip but Laura was able to meet my MSW girlies, Ali and Shannon at Ali’s softball game and we found the perfect new STARBUCKS location for Laura to MOVE to!!

It happens to be less than a mile from Lou’s work, perfect! Her plan is to be here at the end of July but I will keep you all updated weekly seeing as that’s how often Laura’s life decisions have changed lately ;) Love you Laura!

-----------------

Have I gone a whole blog and not mentioned THE babies?

No worries, I can put a stop to that right now!

As for Milly, she “saved” a yummy jar of peanut butter right before it went to the trash this week….

DSC08912

     Check out this position.DSC08884 DSC08891 DSC08905 DSC08906 DSC08908

“All done mama” and this is when the fun starts for me….

They lick their lips for forever after they take the last lick of peanut butter… it’s hilarious!!

DSC08886

  Tucker knows better than to get between Milly and food items that are not large enough for two snouts but he was the happiest baby in the world when I brought home a new duster from Ikea!

DSC08926

Who knew?!?!

Besides that it was the usual for them…. Sleeping, Sleeping and more sleeping!

DSC08801

Lou decided Mill’s sleeping schedule should be monitored…. DSC08806

(notice her watch) haha poor girl!

I have to share this note on sleeping though: sleeping is all they want to do UNTIL Lou calls a certain little girl to bed…. 

Mom and I stayed up until about 3 am each night she was here and the pups liked to stay out in the den with us…. So when Lou would call Milly to bed as my replacement to cuddle him she panicked!!

She would instantly run over to me and beg to get on the couch with me, refusing to look anywhere near the direction his voice was coming from!  I found it to be similar to her pooping strategy, if she can’t see you- you can’t see her….. right Mill!

image

It’s almost the weekend again and I have big plans…. I bought knobs and more “ebony” oil to fix up a unfinished chest of drawers (still feels weird saying it the “right way”)! Very excitable! :)

Happy June ya’ll!     DSC08855

DSC08871

0 comments: