CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 18, 2010

Both students… AGAIN, Week one!

The time finally arrived this week and we had no choice but to face the music… After moving to Roswell for me to start grad school we knew that meant Alex would have to finish his last semester of school driving back and forth from here to Clemson daily…. (2 hour drive each way). We predicted his graduation to be this December, HOWEVER...

After going out on a limb and exploring other options he decided to first apply for an intern at Hughes Telematics for the fall semester. Of course this meant our plans would change a bit and it would delay his graduation but hey, nothing we can’t manage nor are we not used to!

DSC09469 SO, we decided he should take the job to save up money for when he goes back to finish his last semester of school, get experience, and hopefully secure a job for when he graduates. ALSO it was basically his dream job, and we are so glad he did not pass up that opportunity!!

However, the intern is now over, It’s time to face the music. Although others thought it was a “horrible” idea, it was one of the best decisions we could have ever made, no regrets at all!

Let the driving and crazy schedules begin…..4 months!! We can do this, RIGHT??

DSC04641

(BTW Lance came to visit this weekend)

So anyway, we did it!! Week one down, A LOT more to go! It may be crazy and we have definitely dreaded it but things actually weren’t so bad for week one of both of us being BACK in school :).

I think I have complained/ dreaded this more than Alex has…. Go figure! Ha But I don't like seeing him stressed out, and I know it's coming due to his "over achiever qualities" which kick in high gear when it comes to school and work.

Sorry, I get so proud of that sweet boy, and love to brag on him, like a proud mommy!

SONY DSC

I have to admit, looking back at this week it seems so minimal to complain about our new “schedule” which after all is going to lead to a REALLY GREAT THING (our future FINALLY secured) … which makes it even harder to find myself complaining after all that has happened to the people of Haiti this week. It’s hard to complain about ANYTHING actually when you see what has happened over there. It is a horrible thing which seems to be getting better with the help of everyone coming together and the wonderful donations red cross has received. If you are reading this and have not yet donated please text “HAITI” to 90999 to donate 10$ to help red cross with supplies.

So I want to give extra attention to all of the good things we enjoyed this week……

A visit from grams!! Mom brought grams over for a visit on her way back from MS.

DSC04605 I love this picture, we caught grams smiling!!

DSC04613

Lou got spoiled and was able to spend his Thursday home with the girls while I was at my intern (a positive thing about his new schedule is Tuesday and Thursdays he has off! Well off= studying reading, but ya know “off/not driving”)

Thursday was also the start of our 3 DAY MEXICAN DINNER WEEK!

SO as mom and grams headed to Statesboro Friday we anxiously awaited Stephanie and Joe's arrival! It was their first visit to see us!!

SNV30304

SO of course we had to get Margaritas Friday night on their arrival…. and then we found ourselves back at home with this…

DSC04634

Milly’s Tricks!! Can you see the brown blurr? That's her walking!!

(BTW, I told you we were “those” people!)

DSC04638

AND this (above). I can explain. SO, I have never swallowed a pill in my life and each time I get sick with allergies it’s the hardest thing in the world to find a sinus medicine WITH antihistamine that is anti-drowsy in liquid form. I have struggled with doctors and pharmacist my whole life asking them to save their arguments and just give me my meds in liquid…. So This time Alex gets on the kick of how THIS time I will be able to swallow a pill! NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!

DSC_0060

(Showing Milly how mean her daddy was being)

However, after a few margaritas I was a good sport… obviously you can see that from the picture. I tried an entire pack of pills AND an entire pack of different ideas on how to get it down. Freeze it, throwing it in the back of my throat before drinking, putting it in the cup of water after i begin drinking, end of my tongue, back of my tongue…. so on.

DSC_0067

ANYWAY it ended up going down after Lou crushed it up mixed it with water (and the ritual sweet tea chaser with 2 pretzels :). I’m not hard to please at all right? haha It is hard to believe a tiny pill can cause that much havoc/entertainment!!! Oh well after 24 years i do believe it’s a physical problem NOT mental :)

DSC_0068

So, after a random morning of our power going out (from a car wreck into a pole!!!) I decided to take Stephanie on a tour of my dangerous shopping grounds while the boys played, elsewhere. Then we met a bunch of friends for Mexican night AGAIN on Saturday night (yes, 3rd time!)

SNV30234

SNV30226

I think If i never have Mexican again, it may be too soon… well ? ;)

Then it was time for our first time at Church Hill's… apparently I shut down every place we go and even then are never ready to leave. I guess i am just an “all nighter person”? I mean not all the time, I don’t want to sound like “that” but when I’m going out, I minus well GO OUT… right?’ I didn’t realize this until tonight but looking back I do see the trend? We are always the last out of all our friends to leave… ? It seems Lou and I do not know when to go home? haha Until they force us by cutting our jams off of course! I guess it’s true, time flies when your having fun!

SNV30258

SNV30302

SNV30305 SNV30263

SNV30272

On other subjects….

Milly has done it again...

Since Miss Laura and Oscar have not made their PROMISED Christmas visit to see us yet, we are holding their Christmas gifts hostage until we get our visit. Only fair right?

Well Milly got tired of waiting… Oscars presents have now been “chewed” open, half way “consumed” and the bear is doing pretty good only because the bones were priority to her i believe. We came home from school monday only to find her in the bed with this….. NOT HER’S.

DSC04565 How predictable!!

I put them on the table after letting her out time out and she sat like this for over an hour… waiting for me to “give them back”.

Tuck on the other hand has been quite the man, once again ;) His grama found the perfect toy for him at Christmas. Which was a PINK piggy with a water bottle inside and a Velcro belly to replace the bottle.

DSC04584DSC04570

Well I have found it’s kind of pointless to replace the water bottle if he gets it out by tearing a hole in Miss piggy’s back…

 DSC00304 DSC00305

Sooo to the sewing machine we go! HEY, times are tuff and that means this blog get’s to go in the “domestic” folder too right!! That one is getting kind of  empty :)

DSC04569

Before and after Miss Piggy's surgery :)DSC04572

All better! That’s what mommies do right… all better everything up?!?!!?!

Sorry for the randomness of this blog, thanks for sticking with it!! haha I hope you all enjoy your Monday off!!

0 comments: