CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

We've learned to adjust.

So yes, I have been extremely slack in blog world, but it's only because I have actually been the exact opposite in "school life"!!! I stated in the last blog the first two weeks after Thanksgiving were full of final exams, group project deadlines and paper due dates..... As of today... I DID IT!!! I have completed all test and turned in all assignments, I have officially finished my first semester of GRAD school!!! whew!I do believe it is the hardest most intense thing I have ever attempted but it feels amazing knowing it's all behind me.... kinda like being on a treadmill for an entire semester... haha.... you are miserable the whole time but when you finish you are so proud and can't believe you got through it!! Alex tells me every night (when he goes to bed and I am wide awake on the laptop typing or with my head in a book) that he never imagined how studious I could be! It's so true.....I have to say i surprised myself!! I have adapted to no life,and am quite used to the idea of studying on a Friday night.....and Saturday, Grad school has officially made me a loser.... and a bad wifey!!

So during all my studying what have i not informed you of.....

1) A Thanksgiving disaster...... which amazingly still turned out quite nice.
Yes the car was packed for an entire week at the cabin.... this is her "I never know what we're doing" face.

SO.... A Francisco Thanksgiving would just not be the same if everything went according to plan... "luckily" it didn't.... We had a wonderful cabin in Asheville waiting for us and Wednesday morning when we were all packed up to go the phone rang..... The man called and said the power was out in the area of the cabin.... naturally dad called the power company and found out the power was not even connected in the first place!! So we were left with a packed car and the man who
needed to be called back and CUSSED out was now MIA, he turned his phone off knowing we were ready to hop in the car and head to the cabin!! Alex tracked down the mans work place in colorado and hours later when we finally heard back from him, he asked if we wanted our money back (which suprisingly we did get!) but at the time, ofcourse we didn't want .... we wanted the cabin!! UGHH ohh typical family times!! It was one of those times when you better LAUGH and SMILEEE about it so ya don't lose it..... So mom, dad and Tara came to our house!!! It was too far for poor B and angela to travel though.
Luckily Tucker and Milly were not too upset they were just glad their grama came to visit...
This is Milly's what ELSE did you bring me look....
In our house the word "grama" is the same as "treat" and "baby" hmm wonder why????
However, this is what Thanksgiving looks like in a two bedroom apartment....... Like I said we adjust!!The up side of no Asheville vacation was spreading it out among the rest of the family......
Ohh Family Functions.... I LOVE rachels face!!!
So we scarfed it down to race to Amaras and did it all over again, Minnicks style.....
Dessert and card games!!!
.....Jane's in charge of the money and Autumn's in control of the WINE!

So yes it nothing short of the PITTS to look forward to something and it not happen but we did have a lot to be THANKFUL for this year!!


2) Alex's mom coming for her first visit to see us....She wanted to go hiking and Kennesaw Mountain was the closest spot... BEAUTIFUL, however, exercise is once again, not my thing. SO, I complained the WHOLE time!!
But it was a nice walk..... on the way DOWN atleast!!

Last but not Least My 24th BDAY..... Of course!!! So lets see, so far we have celebrated 3 times for my bday BUT this weekend will be 4th and it's the big SHA- Bang so I may just have to wait until Monday to give you the WHOlE picture of what that looks like!! We will be in Statesboro to do me and Jessicas 3rd annual bday celebration together as well as her and Christina's graduation!! Look out Savannah, another year has come and we are once again... READY!

0 comments: