CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Going Home and Daddy’s Birthday!

Happy Birthday Daddy (even though it was Monday)!!!!

Wow is it really already Thursday!?!?!

We had a great and busy week and weekend, we went home for daddy’s birthday and to see Lauren and Grams one last time before mom and dad finally returned them to Mississippi!DSC09802

I know it must have been just awful for daddy since him and Lauren are tied together at the hip (and he was quoted on his birthday telling me that Lauren has worked harder helping him the month she was here than Tara and I combined in our whole life!)

Your Welcome Daddy, I do what I can and take payments in cash only! ;)

So daddy’s birthday was filled with food from mama’s kitchen and it could not have been better!!! Alex finally finished the last of her leftovers last night, potato salad, baked beans and baked chicken!

The woman was blessed with a gift, too bad that gift leaves her living in the kitchen the entire time we are home for breakfast, lunch and dinner but we love it!!!

Guess who her side kick was….

DSC09822

DSC09818

That’s right, Tucker Jones himself!

I know I have mentioned he has become quite the hungry little boy lately, we aren’t sure what’s up with that but he is worse than Milly, seriously!!

DSC09819

This is what daddy’s Birthday dinner looked like….

DSC09839DSC09835

DSC09846DSC09852

Every time I turned around there he was!!

Let’s also note that this does not slow Milly down, just gives her a bit of competition!!

After dinner Mom and I made some amazing (get ready): Peanut butter, Chocolate chip, Oatmeal, Reeses Pieces, and walnut cookies!DSC09927

When I brought one to Grams and told her what they were she said “Oh I don’t know which kind I want”

Ha So let me just tell you that this is all wrapped up in one cookie!!

Here’s the link by Betty Crocker of course!

Click here for recipe

Then it was time for presents and besides giving daddy his wonderful presents we picked out Alex came up with the best way to give it to him!!!

DSC09883

Yup, I was in the box!!

No worries he still got his grill :)

I think the funniest part was hiding from Tucker in the box and letting him find me- “Mr. Bodyguard” was so upset and panicking when he couldn’t find me, I wish mom and Alex had video taped his search, eventually Milly’s little nose popped into the box trying to nudge it up and let me out!!

Then Tuck got soooo excited as if he found me!

That’s my boy!

DSC09942

We also spent Saturday at Alex’s mom’s house which Lauren loved!

DSC09815

I was in charge of golf cart rides which got much more interesting for Lauren and I after we got mom away from the candy jar and into the backseat of the golf cart with daddy- let’s just say she does not trust me and she doesn’t do woods!!!

It was so nice to visit with Uncle Karl who was in town from Nantucket while we were there and Adam was actually having a really good day which was the highlight of out trip –seeing him happy and talkative- even if just for that day!

That night we had to get our El Som fix ofcourse and Cara and Tina were able to join us in Statesboro… Oh how I miss those girls!!

(Pic coming as soon as i find the cord for little camera)

Our life is a bit chaotic everytime we go out of town and come back, it takes at least 2 days to unpack and clean up….

So Monday night I saw this taking place of where Tucker and Milly’s dog leashes usually go….

DSC09952  computer cords…..

I starred at it and thought about it for a minute and then it hit me, “omg Alex didn’t know where the leashes were this morning when he took them out!!”
Ha The boy knows how to improvise I guess! 

Last random note before I go … DSC09791

Look what came in the mail the other day!!!

Yesterday, I also got my letter stating all of my information was submitted and I can now sign up to sit for my licensure… to bad I’m scared to and haven’t cracked a book yet!!

Wouldn’t you rather me be a faithful blogger than to study for my licensure anyway!?!?

Also I am SO excited because Billy and Angela are coming to visit me today because their FLIGHT to ST.THOMAS leaves from Atlanta Friday!!

Yup, they are taking a last minute trip before Angela starts Med School this August and I couldn’t be more jealous happy for them!

I must go now so that I can practice crumbling into the tiniest ball to fit in their suitcase before they get here and stuff my belly with some good Soul Vegetarian of course!!

0 comments: