CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Memorial Weekend and Birthdays!

On our way home from Port Canaveral we started calculating our ETA and realized we would be hitting the Savannah area right around the time a certain someone’s birthday party was starting :)

Yup, Julian's 4th birthday party was at 1o’clock but we decided to keep it a surprise!!

DSC08449

…..Too cute for words is an understatement!

She was sooo excited to have us there and to play in the pool!

DSC08293

The party was at Julian's Aunt Kristy and Uncle Todd’s house and they are the proud owners of the worlds largest and smallest dog!! Seriously! DSC08303

A HUGE Great Dane and a Tea Cup Chihuahua…. who were helping Curt and Alex man the grill!!!

DSC08316

Julian has such a little personality of her own now, she snuck up on me as I was moving “snooping” through the presents and with one hand on her hip and a finger pointing at me said “Aunt Jen…. no snooping in the presents”!

It was priceless and the entire room died laughing!!DSC08319

What a beautiful family!

DSC08323

If only all of our wishes were as innocent and naive as a 4 year olds, I believe she wished for My Little Pet Shop toys to be in her presents!

DSC08353

….and they were along with the cutest clothes shoes and bathing suits I have ever seen!!! Note to self: have a really good job and a lot in savings before having a little girl- I won’t be able to say no to anything!!

Ohh yes and the best present of all: Kisses from daddy! DSC08357

She loved the singing card from her “Booboo”!

DSC08380

We Love you Julian, happy 4th birthday!!! DSC08431 DSC08433

Julian was so sweet about telling her guest “goodbye” and “thank you”, I remember when we were little how nervous my mom would get (she still talks about it now) to make sure we were appreciative when receiving presents at our parties…. I assure you Amber has nothing to worry about with this little one!DSC08438

Each guest left with a hug and a kiss and at least one thank you!

After her party we stopped by Michaels (Alexs friend from high school) who has the ultimate –studio- bachelor pad above his garage in Wilmington Island!! Him and his dad built the majority of it in two weeks (they also do this for a living) but I have to say, its gorgeous!!

DSC08458

(picture is taken from standing in kitchen)

It has a barn feel to it and is just the right size for him and Blaine- who I also got to catch up with! :)

Then we headed home to celebrate Tara’s birthday… the big 27!!

DSC08483

I thought my dogs were “bad” by sitting under the table during dinner but compared to Phoebe who sits at the dinner table with Tara - mine are angels :)

DSC08512

Only kidding though the Phoeb’s is a sweetheart too and it’s not her fault she sits at the table because I’m pretty sure no one has ever told her she is a dog!!

DSC08482

There’s Lou taking over his normal position after one of mom’s meals!

DSC08514

I’m surprised Billy wasn’t on the floor next to him but I guess he was getting a head start out back with Matt (one of his close friends from kindergarten) shooting their civil war looking guns (seriously it’s the craziest gun I have ever seen)!

DSC06432

No worries, after Lou and daddy settled their bellies they weren’t to far behind them….

DSC06455 Oh yes and Billy’s crazy gun even has a bayonet on the end!

I think this is daddy’s gun Lou is holding below:

DSC06462

Mom and I decided Lou looked like he was doing some serious patrolling in this picture….

DSC06478

Tara and I just about lived on these wild black berries as a kid!

DSC06442Luckily I picked these berries and put them inside at the perfect time because while us girls were inside the boys found a particular creature that I have zero tolerance for…..

Mom and I had just decided to go shopping and as we went back out to tell the boys bye I saw them playing with “something”"…..  

DSC08526

Lou said they found a snake and to go get my camera- so I freaked out but went and got the camera and said I would only meet him with it since I refused to get anywhere near the snake…. As I walked back up to him with the camera in my hand he was walking towards me saying don’t worry about the camera because they lost it…. so I continued to walk towards him to tell him bye only to see something wrapped around his wrist!!

I have never screamed so loud and ran so hard in my life!  

DSC08527

Notice, as always, Tucker is right where all the boys are!!

DSC08536

Lou safely “relocated” the snake and we later found out it was a gray rat snake……not poisonous but no worries I did not let TJ go with Lou to relocate the snake- he was quickly called back to be by his mom’s side after this picture was snapped!

For a “mama’s boy” Tuck sure does ditch me quick when “boyish” things are happening!

DSC08473

I left a bit more at ease knowing they had moved on to safer activities…. like flying his helicopter!

DSC08479

That night we made our rounds to El Sombrero and Mill House to see Lance and Kayla…. Lance was home for the weekend from California and only had a few days before going right back out there!!

DSC05879

The following picture is pretty…..gross…. but I believe it’s their only picture together of the whole weekend so here you have it:

DSC05883

Yeah, ew. 

Anyway, that night we met Lee at Mill House too and he made the mistake of falling asleep in his car…..

DSC05891

The boys just could not have that….. so they ran to the store to get the typical prank supplies- window chalk, cling wrap and tin foil (to make chrome rims of course)

DSC05896 DSC05903

Around this time he woke up and Kayla and I dashed behind the bushes….. then Billy pulled up wondering what crazy asses were hiding behind bushes only to realize it was his sissy :)

DSC05901

Thank you for not REALLY being mad at us Lee :) Such a trooper!

The following Tuesday we were all back in Atlanta and able to wish Lance a true blue goodbye yet again!! So we went to one of my favorites Six Feet Under where Kayla and I first fell in love :) DSC05912

This weekend is another story but that will be saved for another time!! I promise now that I am all caught up from our vacation, out of school and only working part time I will be more on top of my blogging!!!

Have I mentioned how weird/nice it is to clean my house with out having a guilt hanging over me because I know I’m only cleaning to procrastinate doing school work….

Or how nice it is to come home from work and watch TV with out the guilt of knowing I need to turn it off and work on school work..

Or how nice it is to plan a big meal and spend a long time cooking it because I have nothing else to do for the rest of the night after getting home…..

Ahhhhh….. I fell like what people probably mean when they say “aww your newly weds?!?!”

Not sure if that makes since but I have more time to just be at home and cook, watch favorite shows, clean or play with my blog and enjoy Lou after work each day and I guess that’s what most people enjoy as newlyweds and since we certainly didn’t have that luxury when we first got married both being in school and working we may have just now entered our “honey moon phase”!

Only 2 years late but who’s counting!!

0 comments: