CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Leaving My Side Kick!

(FYI: this was written yesterday at the airport waiting to board. I  safely made it to New Orleans and am having a great time with mama! Can’t wait to write about that!!)

Last night we counted down the hours until we went to bed because we know once we went to bed we would have to wake up and say goodbye!

“Only 4 more hours”

“crap only 3 hours til’ bed time”

“ahh its bed time!”

Everyone out of the loop probably thinks we are leaving each other for a month! hahaIMG00264

Lou was able to meet me at the pool just for a bit before heading home for dinner yesterday…. which was of course Maggianos leftover # 3!

I couldn’t help but think how lucky I was as we left the pool and I followed him home. The pool is only about 3 miles from our house but he could not stand for a car to be between us, he waved back to me at every red light we caught and as we pulled on to our street he pulled over and waited for me to catch up because I had to wait for traffic to turn.

This is all normal behavior for him but I guess since all I could think as we separated from each other for the car ride home was missing him so it made me appreciate those silly little things he does a bit more…..

Mom said our hubbys would appreciate us more when we got back, does it count that I started appreciating him more just thinking about leaving? hahaIMG00259

I really do, the boy never complains! He works his tail off with extremely long days and then rides home in a hot car and thinks nothing of it as he comes home and gives me the BIGGEST smile and hug with a soaking wet back! He often embarrasses himself with that cute smile, the other day I asked why he was hiding his face as I had picked him up from work and he said “man you know I can’t help but smile when I see you”!

I told myself to start writing things like that down somewhere, (besides the blog) and have yet to do so but for now the memories are safe in blog world!

How priceless!?!?

DSC08847

It’s only 3 days- we got this Lou!

DSC08849

This morning we arrived to the airport, knots filled my stomach but probably not nearly as badly as his!!

Thank you for walking me all the way to the security gate Lou, even though you wanted to have a little talk with the pilot :)

DSC08846

I do have some good news that I will be looking forward to when I get back from my little trip Ana and Alex are coming to visit me with Tara for the weekend and we have big plans (just not sure what they are yet but they will definitely involve a water park)!!

I am so excited to get back and see Lou, the pups and those sweet babies that I miss so much!!!

Until then I will be enjoying New Orleans (a side from all the meeting) with mama  and I promise once I get there I will be excited!! Ha isn’t it sad that my first “business travel” I coerce mom to meet me there so I don’t have to be alone!!

If only my work knew who they were dealing with!!

Here’s to my first solo flight!

0 comments: