CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Graduation: Jennifer Minnicks, MSW

DSC06065

What a week, I told you I would be back for a Graduation post and you know I wouldn’t let ya down on that! After all I should be much more dedicated to blog world since school is now behind me- of that is weird to say, it’s all I have ever known!

So my Hooding Ceremony was on Monday which was also our 2 year anniversary!! Geez have these two years flown by!!

carrabbas 2 year anni

Carrabba’s was amazing and so was my surprise of a “real” underwater camera to use on our cruise next week!

(AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH)

(Mom practiced with my new camera the day after grad when I went to see him for lunch again) :)

DSCF2012

Love that boy!

So anyway, like I said we celebrated and went out to Lunch before the chaos started that night…. and for the rest of the week!  

That night was perfect and beautiful out, mom got to finally meet all the people she hears me talk about everyday!

DSC05700

I think I spent the whole night pointing saying “she’s the one who just had a baby”, “she’s the one who is moving to California with her hubby she eloped with”, “She is the one obsessed with foster care”, “he is the one who makes an A on everything but never goes anywhere without gym shorts and a t-shirt on” ha

Honestly, the Hooding Ceremony was what every graduation should be like! Very intimate, with only our class and our elected teachers giving speeches…. oh yes and class superlatives!

DSC05688

Shannon got “Most likely to be a play therapist with 2 husky side kicks” and I got “Sweetheart of the class who never wears the same thing twice” WHO KNEW!?!?!?

This is a close up of the sign that was hanging behind us (above), you write a “Thanks” to anyone who helped you in the program.

DSC05689

Thanks Shannon, love you too, ohh “CobbCSB”, those were the days, we used to escape for 2-3 hour lunch breaks finding the best lunch stops in Marietta hoping no one would notice how long we had been gone for!!DSC05697

There we are- I do have to say how therapeutic those lunch breaks were: we learned a lot :) DSC05698

Above is Brielle with a heart of gold who superlative mentioned overly saying the word “sorry” :) and below is Chuck who served our country after 9/11 and then decided to get his MSW. He had this little cutie during our first year and the night of the hooding ceremony he wife was starting to dilate with their second little boy!DSC05699He is such a great guy and dad and I know he will make a great social worker for returning vets!   DSC05704

What a great way to spend an anniversary! DSC05706

Ali and Dave :)

DSC05701

This was our present to KSU- our class, all 30 of us!

DSC05695

Love ya’ll!

Tuesday Alex rushed home from work for round 2- GRADUATION!

DSC05813

Is it really here?

DSC05822       As usual mom was right up to par with flowers, champagne, cheesecake and decorating the house!!

DSCF2016

DSC05816DSC06862Off to graduation! 

DSC06046  Getting hooded and my diploma!

DSC06056

As soon as I got off the stage Dr. Dooley was running up to me to grab me and give me the biggest hug. I chose to honor her as my name was called and am honestly so glad I met her. She is such and amazing woman, advocate, mother, therapist and inspiration. DSC06074

She also won best teacher for our entire 2 year program, it’s not everyday you meet a lady with a heart like this! DSC06082

It’s official, finished off my last semester with 4 A’s and 1 B.

DSC05721 We did it!!!DSC05725

I’m going to miss this gang!

DSC06132  Julian was so excited to see my “silly” attire!DSC05730

There’s the fam, poor B was so sick with the sniffles but was quite the trooper!

DSC06144

Above and below- the two smartest (and proud) boys I know, who I will never be able to keep up with in a conversation no matter how many degrees I get ;) DSC06838

I think daddy was more excited that I no longer had to work for free :)

DSC06845

Then it was time to celebrate with HIBACHI!!DSC05738DSC05734

When I got home it was literally as if someone told tucker it was his mom’s graduation day!! He was happier than his usual overly happy self and could not quit kissing me!!

DSC06854

Another proud man in the family wearing mamas honor cords!!

DSC06865

Also wanted to show off my shrine of cards! Thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone for all of your support and shared excitement! :)BLOG2015    Also, thank you so much to those of you who sat through yet another dreaded graduation ceremony!! Sean, Rachel, Andy, Alex, Billy, Mom, Dad, Amber and Julian!!

Thanks for being my cheering crew!!

0 comments: