CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

~*Windemere Residents*~

We have officially moved in!!! Hallelujah!!

I will (once again) say that “ I am NEVER moving again”

…ok maybe if I win the lottery and can afford real “movers”.

I’m sure mom and dad would agree with that statement :)

Lets start by saying the move was COLD, very cold, the heat was gas and who knew you have to get that connected separately…..

In Statesboro it was all connected through the water company so I never had do deal with it.DSC04834

Not in Atlanta…. so we bought 3 baby heaters- BRAOD street style!

DSC04848

So Friday night we started painting at about 8pm when I got home from work, mom and dad actually beat me there to start taping and priming, Thank Goodness!

DSC04831

Did I mention our bedroom used to be a pink and black nursery!?!?!?

I’ll go ahead and give you the not done but much better “after” pic

DSC04951

What a nightmare that was!

So we painted all night in the freezing cold and returned Saturday to start moving EVERYTHING in from storage….

DSC04914

Another nightmare, but nothing we aren’t used to!

moving

Rachel came over all dolled up -knowing we hadn’t had hot water to shower in 2 days at that point- to rub it in a little more!! :)

DSC04913

The back porch was COVERED with leaves and Tucker thought it was a potty park…. first thought was to yell at him but then we both stopped and decided -hmmm less work for us-

“Good boy TJ, wanna treat!?!?”

DSC04893

This was 2 am at the end of our first full day….

DSC04923     Cold and tired…..

DSC04917

   Alex ended up sleeping here for over 2 hours with only about an inch of his body on the dog bed…

DSC04980

The best part of that day unfortunately was not captured, but may stay in my memory forever….. It was TJ being the most sweetest cuddle bug at the end of that night. Mom and I were sitting in the cuddler (2 seater chair) and he crawled up and sat in our laps with his head and paws on moms chest like a baby and his hiney in her lap. He was literally curled up on us chest to chest.

Maybe we should keep the house cold more often? Sweet man.

Sunday we really started making progress….

DSC04970

Lots of leaves to rake….. but we FOUND the driveway!

DSC05052

Daddy planted flowers out front in the window boxes….

DSC05041

DSC05047

DSC04936

I love all the windows in the (still very messy) den! 

DSC04952

Alex wants curtains to pull down for night time but I disagree…. we don’t have anything but woods behind us and the den is on the second floor technically when you look at the back of the house…..

What’s your vote?DSC04959

WE needed a break….. The guest bedroom is Tj and Mills favorite people/squirrel/bird watching spot!

DSC04945    Back to work!DSC04962Cleaning, cleaning, cleaning….

DSC04981   Finally we got smart and started our first fire at the house! Alex and I had never had a working fireplace!!DSC04975

We were all over being cold, especially miss priss….    DSC04984DSC04997  DSC05007

Tucker loves to go hunting on the porch and i think enjoys the fact that it makes his mom nervous….……DSC05021

They also think the hot tub cover is a dog bed, I chose not to pick this battle! DSC05022

Thanks a million mom and dad for ALLLLLLL your help, honestly I don’t think we would have been able to move in with out yall’s help!!!! 

DSC04986

“Thank you” to Lee, Kayla, Lance, Autumn, Rachel and Andy too!

DSC05044  So that’s Windemere.   We love it and I’m so happy to be IN just in time for the holidays! I told Alex I get 2 Christmas tree’s this year since I didn’t have a house over Halloween to decorate!!

Christmas and Thanksgiving are right around the corner!!

Can’t wait!!

0 comments: