CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, April 16, 2010

Happy Friday and Roswell’s Live after five!

Drug Court Thursdays are my favorite part about working at MMAC, apparently that’s weird (according to my supervisor), but I love it! We get to see how the community really involves all of its resources and works as a family to help families.

I also can’t help but notice the love those girls/mothers have for each other… they have terrible anxiety leading up to drug court, yet most are consumed and worried about the outcome of each of their friends, will they go to jail, will they lose their children, will they be able to get their children back, etc.

For example, One of our newer members at MMAC was granted visitation rights to her children but was awaiting this particular Thursday to hear if the agencies had set up the necessary transportation and supervision in order for her to actually see them. Unfortunately it was not able to be done in time (our usual method of transit for the families tried to raise their prices to $45 an hour!! So yes, we are working with other providers). So even though this particular situation was not her fault, she was not yet granted the access to be visit them yet.

I theard a ton of sniffles all of a sudden and turned to find two rows of girls in the courtroom in tears, tissues were flying and being passed around everywhere. They knew how badly that mom was looking forward to  seeing her children and it hurt everyone to hear the unfortunate news. Interestingly,most of the women don’t get this upset about going back to jail, which I feel is really something when you stop and think about it….

That happens to be one of the most interesting things about MMAC and it really shines through the clients on these particular Thursday’s. More than likely these people would have never even crossed paths with each other, yet now, they are each others greatest support and most  comforting shoulder to cry on.

Enough of work… poor Alex got such an earful yesterday, but I had so much on my mind with the girls… but really!

OK onto the rest of our Thursday….

Look what I found/remembered on my way home from work today!!! Roswell’s Live after Five monthly festival!!

DSC07126 So I ran in the house, grabbed Alex and back out the house we went… You know I had to stop here first, the name of the organization was called “Mutt Madness”   How perfect! If only my mutts behaviors would allowed them out the house!DSC07110

This is my favorite antique store downtown…. it’s the first little shopping adventure mom and I had when she helped me find a place for Alex and I last summer!DSC07116

Of course Alex would find the only “antique electronic” in the whole store…. it was an old electrical switch!?!?

I love this place and It’s “over-whelming-ness”,  they actually rent out each “booth” (sections) to different people, so you never know what your going to find! I think I could stay in there for hours!

DSC07117

They even have a CLEMSON section…

oh yeah, and a ton of old jewelry! told ya, LOVE* DSC07119

I felt so bad after spending the BEAUTIFUL day outside after work that I told Alex… Tucker and Milly are just begging me to take them to feed their ducks!

DSC07142

It’s days like today I reallllllly wish we still had our fenced in back yard for them to lay outside all day! I feel so guilty leaving them cooped up all day!DSC07129 DSC07130    DSC07139Tucker and Milly were over feeding their friends…. and anyway sharing means you get some too right?    DSC07128

What a busy Thursday…. enjoy your Friday!!!

0 comments: