CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 8, 2010

If I don’t go to sleep will the weekend not end?

What a nasty muggy weekend……  but i still don’t want it to end. Ohh Monday go away and take the alarm clocks with you!!

So, this is typically the prime time of the year I start getting stir crazy about planning a vacation…. and I have already started the hunt. The hunt got increasingly worse when Rachel and Andy asked us about going somewhere with them this summer. Now it’s on, let the psychoness begin!! (For some reason when i plan vacations the accountant genetics ingrained in me seep out (I wish they would do that more often) and I have to find the best deal ever, so I get a bit obsessive,I also feel it’s going to be a good procrastination tactic for this semester i feel :)) haha Let the psychoness begin!

Strategy: Only selecting destinations we don’t want to go and finding the best deal to anywhere else :)

DSC05093

So I mentioned loving Friday mornings because we get to sleep in and be lazy at the house…. Milly does not like when we get bored…

Her daddy decided to dress her on this particular morning and her mama thought she should get the camera.

here are the results….

  DSC05038 DSC05055 

Hey it was too cold for her to go potty with out her gear on… ha!

On other topics we made it through the mucky weekend! Friday night we went to “ Martini’s and Imax” at the Fernbank museum with Lee and Danielle, what a cute idea right!

fernbank

They had a live band and dinner and dancing if you chose to do so, (which we did not partake in, martini’s and movie only ;)) you do get to bring your drinks in the theatre though!  So anyway we watched a movie on ocean life and it happened to be my 3rd documentary that day on dolphins or underwater life, WEIRD side note thought you may want to know!?!?

fernbank inside

It was so cute but I was questioning one thing….when I think movie I think comfy clothes, these people were basically in “after prom” attire…dresses and stilettos!! Anyway maybe it was because the movie was only 45 minutes and the martinis and dinner was the main event? Not sure, none the less it was a very cute idea for a date night! After that we stopped by Publix to get our favorite frozen pizza (Freschetta) and brought it to Andy and Rachel’s for a late night snack and chit chat on our vacay! (told you, psychoness)

Saturday was filled with one thing…. being COLD, this was mostly because we spent the day helping Autumn move (actually that turned into a 2 day event, Sunday too), at least it didn’t rain right!

Although it did start snowing…. ha but it was just a tad smidgen!

DSC05071

I caught them on a break…… but Autumn sent them back to work!

DSC05061 Do you love how I was taking pictures while they were working? I told her it was sentimental value to get this on record….. I highly believe moving is a memorable moment!  (Rachel??)

DSC05059

DSC05065 We actually had fun helping her move, basically just another family get together with the main event being “packing/moving” of course :) However, going to get margaritas afterwards at a cute joint Sean knew about, next to Autumns new apartment, also helped :)

DSC05086 Poor Autumn… she was so excited about all the cute bartenders, but after “strict observation”  it was confirmed they were gay, at least she can have new shopping buddies???

Originally we attempted going to an amazingly yummy smelling barbeque place next to her place called “Fat Matt’s” but apparently it stays BUSY….. There was already a line out the door at 6 o’clock! !!

DSC05107

Obviously a popular shack  for the Atlanta Falcons too, at least I’m assuming, because  that’s a $$300,000$$ BENTLEY out front…. SICKENING! You could feed an entire country Fat Matt’s barbeque and sweet tea for that!!

 DSC05085

The smell reminded me of when we lived next to the barbeque place in Clemson… I have a feeling Lou will want to visit Autumn more often than not at her new house knowing Fat Matt’s is next door!

WE WILL BE BACK TO TRY AGAIN MATT!

By Sunday Tucker had had it with our craziness this weekend and wasn’t happy about mama leaving again on “his Sunday” but we had to help Autumn finish moving…. he’s good at forgiveness :)

DSC05090

(Kissing tucker goodbye to go move Autumn out with my green vampire teeth we found from Alex’s birthday weekend at Andretti)

So Sunday after finishing Autumn up and we had all of OUR stuff to do still, we had put off all weekend….. mostly homework and cleaning… ohh and we had to meet a guy alex was buying and oscilloscope from off craigslist just before heading home to make Velveeta dip and to turn the TV on to the “super Bowl channel”  at least :) haha

I am glad the Saints won though! They have made it through a lot worse, so the Colt’s were nothing*

I also finally took down the last 2 birthday decorations I still had up from Alex’s birthday which was in our bathroom and I popped his balloons from the kitchen….

DSC05114

Mom made me take the main decorations down the Sunday after his birthday…. but i left those few,  now that January is over, the rest MUST come down…

So while I was cleaning….I also found the receipt from when we bought Alex’s (second) ring….. the first one was uncomfortable…. so a week after the wedding we went to Asheville to go white water rafting and happen to find a $7.99 ring in a hippie shop downtown, no this is not temporary, permanent… until lost.

DSC05121   Did Monday run and hide yet or should I procrastinate my sleep until longer…. Well at least I don;t have to wake up early?

Good night blog world! Until the next time I have to procrastinate…. more than likely….tomorrow!!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I LOVE THE PICS OF MILLY!!! I literally laughed out loud! haha! She is so stinkin' cute! If Lady knew how to be kind to other animals, I would tell you to bring her to play one day, but, as you know, Miss Lady Belle hasn't conquered that skill yet:)

Minnicks Fairy Telling said...
This comment has been removed by the author.