CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 5, 2010

Fridays Come Early In This House

Soo I am just loving  my weekends starting on Thursday nights, 4 day weeks are wonderful! I know I had the same schedule last semester and loved it then too but now more than ever…I LOVE IT! I think I have found  2 things that play into this increased “Love” for Fridays off besides stating the obvious……

1) Realizing for real, “REAL”, next year no more Fridays off!! EW. We will begin having  2 days of classes and 3 days at our internship…. ughh! I hate thinking of that!

2) DUH… Lou has Fridays off too!! !! How fun! I love sleeping in late with someone other than the dogs once in a while!! (no offense babies :))

DSC00192

Speaking of which, last night Lou and the pups were waiting on me to finish my homework so we could all go to bed…. they didn’t make it!

DSC05007 So i take one picture and Miss Priss pops up!!

DSC05008  She doesn’t miss A THING!

SO anyway, exciting news of this week… I had my first week at my new internship…. and LOVED IT!  It’s called Mothers Making A Change, it’s a substance abuse outpatient treatment facility for mom’s of all ages who have been court ordered (for the most part) to receive treatment in order to stay out of prison or to get their children back. The treatment is much more intense than where I was prior, at Nextsteps.

I never had a desire to be a substance abuse counselor so I was a little bummed when I was re-stationed here but regardless it’s something new and I have a lot to learn from any environment at this stage so I mine as well go for it! I think I will learn a lot, actually in the  first 2 days of being there I already have. Especially from the mom’s themselves….

Most of all, the girls (clients) really amaze me, I look up to them. You assume they are just kids or adults who went down the wrong path until you hear the stories. Ohh the stories…. They come from un-imaginable backgrounds and are thrown in to situations of taking on more responsibilities from the age of 14 than I am would be able to manage in my life NOW at the age of 24, even with the luxury of having a partner to share the responsibilities with! In a way they are survivors and heroes to have made it in the horrific environments they were brought up in and to come out willing to learn and grow from their troubled pasts. In the last two days I have seen such self- disclosing, honest people with the biggest hearts, selfless attitudes, nurturing qualities, with un-imaginable caretaking traits and some of the most gentle spirits' ever.

I’m sure they have more to teach me than I have to teach them :)

SO this week has been crazy busy for us and had only allowed play time for the pups… so this is what they have been up to….

TJ- “Mama I want to play Frisbee in bed…. ”

Me- “No Tucker, it’s ny- nite time….”

DSC04988

He didn’t win, this is just a parenting tactic…. They say sometimes we have to “pick” our battles… right? ;) haha

DSC04995

The rest of the house is already a disaster… why not the bed too?   DSC04950

“It’s OK tucker, If mama walks in just don’t make eye contact…”

DSC04949  “Here she comes….See! She doesn’t even see us or the mess.”

(BTW: He’s real worried, huh?)

“If that doesn’t work just hide and pose like a statue of Mother Teresa” DSC04953

She did this completely on her own by the way, she went under the end table and came out with the table cloth stuck on her head. As i laughed my ass off she froze (typical), I’m assuming she thought she was in trouble(typical too)? So after much thought I chose not to inform her any differently…. she does enough bad things daily and gets away with them,  a little guilt won’t kill her right?…

Speaking of her BADNESS, I wonder where she gets it from?

DSC05018

DSC05027

Is this my life….….

Yes, this is…. yes….. yes she is standing (literally) on the coffee table. wow.

NOTICE: that is Alex’s arm, not mine, reinforcing this behavior…

OK, I can’t lie, it’s hilarious, haha I Love it!

Hope you all have a good weekend and enjoy some Velveeta dip for Super Bowl Sunday!! That’s what it’s all about right? :)

0 comments: