CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Never a better time than the present....

...So i have always had deadlines in my head set for myself as to when I will start a journal, before today I had failed each one. I remember being in middle school saying "I wish I had kept a journal since kindergarten" since I had not, then "why start now??" Type of thing.... I remember in High school wishing I had started a journal as a freshman, otherwise it's pointless.. right? I also remember Alex and I's 8 year (dating anniversary) thinking I wish I had started when we met....( how cool would that have been!!) but obviously I never did.

Well I quit wishing and started writing as of TODAY.. I'm convinced if I wait to start on a significant day it will never happen!! So I started on a completely insignificant day, 2 days after our 6 month anniversary!!

I do have to say that TECHNICALLY I kept up to my one and final deadline I set years ago for myself... I've always said I will DEFINETLY make myself write in a journal when we start having our own little munchkins. But then I realized we will probably be sooo, over protective, paranoid, mushy, overly obsessed with them, completely busy and "uncarefree" by then that I MUST start before then! What if that was all our children knew of us was post having children?? Or if we oursleves forget how we used to be before babies. I know, i know, i worry and over analyze EVERYTHING! Anyway...So i have happy to say I have started NOW, while we are still "us"... just us.

I'm not promising to write everyday or even every week and I'm certainly not promising anything too interesting...(so don't get too excited). I just want to write the day to day in and outs of our lives we experience... together. Which I believe is the best part about the blog idea, you tend to remember exciting milestones with out needing a reference, but you don't remember the itty bitty things that at least for me and alex (no i will not use the term "alex and I" in this blog... BOBBYO :))are the best parts and make up who we are.

For example: (blog 1) I got out of bed last night to cut up a cantelope for alex and I to eat for breakfast the next day. As I got in my car he was bringing the dogs over to kiss their mama bye. So i leaned down to kiss my babies and all of my cantelope fell in the parking lot! I was so mad, running late, hungry, raining... you get it! So he persisted that I take his cup of cantelope and naturally I refused. He didn't understand it would actually make me more mad to know i had gotten out the bed the night before to cut catelope and only i got to eat it. I guess i get it from you mom but i get so much pleasure from feeding others!! (Mom you get it right?) But on the other hand it's sweet to know we both got mad because we wanted the other person to be better off than ourself.

So anyway the point is I want us to be able to look back and laugh at the silly little arguments, giggle attacks, and everything in between until... Our Ever After!


So! After 2 days of trying to figure out how to work this page, I have decided I should officially be awarded the title "geek", no one told me i have to have a degree in computers to attempt blogging!!?? So, Let the History making begin!


You have been officially invited to peek into our day to day love story!! It's boring, exciting, pointless, loving, over kill of Tucker and Milly bragging, chaotic, carefree and the so very simple yet hectic times that the Minnicks family (love to say that!!) has created together.
and yes, we love every minute of it!!

Thanks for reading our first blog!!

Here's to making history and my attempt for us to remember it!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I love it!! Google can fix ANYTHING:)

Amanda said...

P.S.-I LOVE THE BLOG!!