CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Happy Thursday!

I am so happy tomorrow is Friday but I swear the weeks are flying by faster and faster! Anyway, please don’t let this slight vent session get you down because really i just think it’s funny at this point….

My work: Just when I thought my work was bad enough for never having toilet paper, going weeks with out paper towels and our poor copier has been broken for 3 weeks….. Well just when you think “ok one more thing goes wrong and I may just go on strike because I do have standards here” it gets worse…

Today the power went out completely and the electricians are stumped! They say it may be a few days until it’s fixed…. this should be fun!

I have to admit it’s pretty funny when I hear Alex, his co workers and Rachel discuss their work buildings and then i get to tell them about our "make shift" apartment complex where bedrooms are offices and dens are turned into therapeutic group rooms… Ceilings are caving in and fans are hanging from a cord, never any light bulbs, AC is broken and we can’t open windows for confidentiality reasons….

Oh bliss!

I actually took a picture of what we have resourced too as far as paper towels because Alex didn’t believe it could be that bad…

image

Sad I know but hey, at least they are embroidered! At a residential site, if it’s not tied down it usually walks out with  the clients!

Oh the life of a social worker, ya gotta love it or at least laugh!

Ok on to happier/normal work related topics….shot_1330644223692

Alex had good news to report after his first day of work at Exide, “I think I’m going to love it”. Yayyy what relief to hear that, I really think he made the right decision!

He has now officially rejected his last offer, from Qualcom in San Diego, they made it 2 days after he started at Exide… I have to say, I think that worked out for the best even though it would be Alex’s dream job as far as Engineering goes but not our dream location… a visit however, would be nice!

shot_1330644236648

So Exide it is,  Alex is loving it and especially the schedule, he gets home during daylight hours… AHHHH!!

shot_1330644278315

The pups have been beyond thrilled and greeting him in the yard every afternoon!

shot_1330642678665

It’s amazing how much extra time you have to get stuff done just getting home by 5:30 or 6 every day as oppose to 7:30! I can’t imagine when we move closer to Alpharetta and lose his commute!

DSC03744

Okay non-work related exciting news:

JJ came to Atlanta Friday and Adeola had her baby shower Saturday!!!

Friday, JJ and I had such high expectations of going somewhere fun to  sit rooftop and enjoy the beautiful day…. Until a small storm hit and we soon were to many drinks down to drive anywhere so to Japanese across the street we walk.. :)

It works!

shot_1330746475883

We got to talk juicy wedding details and I finally got a in person look at her adorable ring!!

We’re so happy for you guys JJ, thanks for coming to play!

Adeola’s Shower was adorable and soo “overboardedly” CUTE!

DSC03726She reminded me of myself so much at the shower, trying to serve people and forgetting to eat herself…. I had a feeling she did all the work for the shower her self too and her comment was “if you want it to get done, ya gotta do it yourself”.

I think we were long lost twins!

DSC03689 DSC03691 DSC03694When Alex arrived he was put right to work :)  DSC03701Adeola’s sister and husband literally thought of everything… there was a photographer, DJ and the food and bar was OUT of control!  DSC03722DSC03711 DSC03718  Alex loved the food, All Guineas' and Nigerian =lots of spices!DSC03725

We love you Adeola and So happy to finally meet Foli and Christian, can;t wait to one day meet your new bundle of joy!

0 comments: