CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 21, 2011

For the Love of Family and Friends :)

They honestly make everyday just that much better!! We were full of both this week and it was pretty much amazing!

Last Saturday this little love muffin went back home to find out her mommy and daddy picked up a little surprise while down in Valdosta….

DSC01294

That’s right Chelsea, you have a new sibling!

(I tried to prepare her all weekend but I guess she had to see it for herself….)

Meet baby Luther, Andy and Rachel’s newest addition, named after his Uncle Lou ofcourse ;)

2011-11-15_20-20-39_695

The word is that Chelsea is still not exactly digging this new bundle of joy but we’re confident they will soon be best friends!

Just like Chelsea is with Daddy, right Chels??? :)

Speaking of  daddy, him and Alex played worked in the yard all day Sunday… and boy did it need it! Thankfully, Dad decided to buy a blower while he was here so that we could “test it out” for him before taking it home! It was so nice to have a “leaf free” yard and porch for about 2 days until they  were covered again!  DSC01305     DSC01309Mom and I shopped and played in the kitchen all day- our two favorite things, especially around this time of year!    

We even tested out Cream Cheese Danishes from my Pinterest recipe and they were too good to be true and the best part was how easy they were!

DSC01326

All we did was roll crescent rolls on the bottom, cream cheese, sugar and an egg mixture spread out over top and then another layer of crescent rolls over the top! DSC01323 DSC01324

Put the icing in a zip loc bag, cut the tip and drizzle over top!

DSC01325

Mom and dad left on Monday but not before cleaning my entire house, planting flowers in the front yard/window boxes and laying pine bark in the flower beds while we were at work!

Oh yes and lets not forget my text on the way home from work Monday night from mom: “I put a roast in the crock pot, hope it’s not burned… Enjoy!!”

They are pretty much too good to be true, I hope my gramas know what a good job they did in raising parents!

DSC01279

Tucker and Milly were so depressed when I came home Monday, they absolutely love having company!

So you can imagine they perked right back up to hear “Ney ney is coming to see you on Wednesday!!!!”

DSC01328

Thats right!! Ney finally made a trip to Atlanta accompanied by several minor panic attacks driving through a storm to get here :)

Milly thought it was too good to be true as well so smelled her out to make sure it was the real deal! DSC01329

I don’t blame you Mill, I thought she would never make it here! Ok ney, I won’t hate, i’m just glad you came! DSC01332

Can we talk about how wide Mills looks from this view….. baby got back for real!

Milly caught on to us picking at her very quickly and actually didn’t get depressed about it, rather she remembered the words of wisdom taught to her by her grampa…

“Chin up” for pictures!  DSC01337

I think I could go on forever about that girl, what a personality she has!

Neys visit was too short but so worth it! She was only in town for a meeting Thursday morning but the 3 of us re-lived our college roomie days until about 1 am Wednesday night!

If only you knew what an accomplishment that is for the 3 of us these days, we discovered Ney and Josh are on the same weekday schedule as us now, in bed by 10…. oh goodness I never thought that would come out of my mouth! 

We’re so lame, but love it don’t we Tuck!

DSC01347

Anyway, our one big night as roomies again was spent a bit differently than our old days at Broad Street and Players Club…. We were sober first of all (gasp, I know) and spent most of the night watching home videos of Kailey dancing in their den, telling her mama”no” and discussing how the boys at school would love her new pearl earrings!!

Oh what a mess she is!!! Milly you have pretty big shoes to fill to still get our attention while watching Kay bugs home videos!!!

DSC01340

Needless to say, it was a much needed slumber party and the most amazing Wednesday night I could have asked for!

Thanks for coming to visit Ney, I will pretend like the visit was just for me and not for your meeting ;)

Other important news……. Rachel and I are one step closer/possibly “there” with bridesmaid dresses!!

Rachel, Stephanie (a bridesmaid) and I went back to Demetrios, the store Rachel bought her dress at, to try on bridesmaid dresses for the princess!

C360_2011-11-15-17-50-09

She knows the colors will be Plum for girls and Navy blue suits for the guys! How cute, I know!

Here’s one of the top two options!

1030_25483_large

For the other option click below!

 Click here for the top pick dress so far!

(For some reason the second dress wouldn’t let me copy and past the picture from website so just follow link above?)

Regardless, this bride is on it!! Photographer is booked, dress is bought, site location is narrowed down and colors have been picked out for wedding party!

Gooooo Rachel!

I can’t believe another week and weekend has already come and gone, Friday was Alexs Holiday Party already for this year….

It was the first year the cheapo’s invited employers spouses!

I’m so bummed I didn’t get a picture of us at the party, I’m bad i know but we did play in the photo booth before leaving!

photobooth holiday party

It was way formal and completely classy so Lou and I did our best to blend in!

Let’s just say Saturday didn’t look so pretty and I learned a big lesson… Either I got ruffied or Chardonnay obviously has a larger alcohol content than my usual choice of rum and coke, margaritas and Moscato because after 3 glasses of it on Friday night and a morning from hell I decided I will never drink again!

(No worries I didn’t feel drunk at all until we got home that night so no embarrassing moments were had at the event)

WHEW!!

It did put quite a damper into our Saturday though, I lived on the couch and took probably the 5th nap of my ENTIRE life that day!

Write it down!

This was Alexs face Saturday night after realizing I was feeling better  but still not good enough to go out again…

DSC01360Lou says a big yay to staying up all night Saturday til 6am Sunday morning to program “stuff”!

That’s his type of Saturday night!        

Thankfully Kayla was so sweet to come play laziness with me and the pups on the couch and to bake cookies all night Saturday!

C360_2011-11-19-22-08-54

Tucker and Milly were perfect cuddle bugs too during our insanely stressful movie “The Next 3 Days”…. it was good but stressful!

C360_2011-11-19-22-26-00

Don’t judge me, focus on the cuddle bug below! C360_2011-11-19-22-53-42

Sunday I finally made it off the couch (and showered- yay) to have a yummy brunch with the crew at The Nook!

IMG950796

It was part of Kaylas “on going farewell” before she moves to Kansas :(

C360_2011-11-20-15-00-19

Rachel was trying to sneak her hashbrown casserole in the picture with Kaylas delicious French Toast! C360_2011-11-20-15-00-34Just got to get through 3 days this week and were are heading home for Thanksgiving!!!

Safe Travels everyone!  

0 comments: