CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Gardening and Zip Lining

I have finally gotten to download my pictures from Mrs. Karens small camera that she graciously let me borrow (after telling Rachel I needed to steal her memory card reader for the day before my blog gets “backed” up) so please excuse the vomitose of pictures included in this blog!

(I also added the missing pictures from last weeks blog so check that out as well)

Listen, don’t hate, just be glad I am still blogging 3 weeks out of gradation and 1097350357 things still left to turn in ok…..

Beggars can’t be choosers!

First Things first*

DSC05333

(Don’t hate on my mom shorts btw)

Saturday was Rachel’s Actual Birthday and we decided to celebrate it by jumping out of 80 foot trees over Lake Lanier!

DSC05342

DSC05341

I think they felt the need to look extra macho while feeling a bit restrained if ya know what i mean…

DSC05392

I was so proud of alex for “letting go” of the tree for this picture!!

Actually I’m not sure if i should even say that, last time he wanted to make me “proud” he drank expired milk  because I always fuss over his expired food paranoia- for all i know this may cause him to start jumping out of trees just to “make me proud”!

Bad boy Lou, hold on to the tree!

DSC05366

The two pictures above were taken from 80 feet up btw!

DSC05349

On the last tree I actually volunteered to go first because the tree we were currently in was up so high that it was swaying side to side and caused me to feel motion sickness!

DSC05379

Below: The boys look like they are working on power lines!

DSC05365

These bridges were the worst part! It didn’t help that our tour guide (similar to the ppl on the ski lift i told you about on an earlier blog) was not raised right! He was an adrenaline junkie to the max with over 300 sky dives under his belt and zero sympathy for people on small bridges 80 feet high!

DSC05359

He shook it like crazy!!  DSC05395DSC05367  These should give you a good laugh or two!!

 

Here we are happy to be alive and on the bottom!

DSC05372   *Lets not forget the other birthday boy of the weekend*

DSC05399Lance!!

We had a cook out with him that night!

Mrs. Karen learned more than she ever needed to know about beer pong and corn hole that night! DSC05403

Look at my little model husband ;)

Sorry you know mama bear has to brag sometimes!

…and here’s the birthday girl and (almost) birthday boy!

DSC05405

I think Kayla may possibly be the best drinker buddy because she is about the only girl who likes the same wine as me!

DSC05397

Please ignore the “Ruffles” advertisement we were endorsing… and yes we finished the entire bag and can of dip in one sitting!!

DSC05406

You work up an appetite zip lining let me tell ya!

We took it easy the next day, and got back to our gardening we started the weekend before!

DSC06370

(Yes, Amanda Mill’s is in the front yard OFF her leash and this is ON a beautiful day perfect for people who walk their dogs to do so straight in Mills view)

Let me not lie I was a paranoid mama with her off that leash!

Also notice daddy was in the background of Milly’s glamour shot (by deb) which is the other reason we decided to garden this weekend! They were on their famous route from Boro to Tennessee and made there pit stop with us for lunch but i made sure to snag them for a few more hours!!

DSC06359

Daddy knows it all when it comes to “dirt”! We planted the prettiest vine around our mailbox (after meeting a undiagnosed –until he met me- Aspergers boy in Home Depot who knew everything about every plant, soil and weed ever invented- oh yeah and also saw the word SUCKER written on our foreheads!)

It should bloom huge purple flowers if i don’t kill it off first!DSC06356

Then our neighbor came to check it out who we decided not to go to Home Depot with out next time!

She is pretty much like daddy when it comes to “playing in the dirt” as i call it!

Can I also just side note that my house looked like this in almost every room of the house! DSC06245

Alex is building yet another wonderful invention (this time for his helicopter) that causes every bare piece of furniture in our house to be “decorated”!

Can this headache please just make us rich one day?

I promise to never complain again if so, until then I look forward to visitors so I can FORCE him to “clear” a space!!DSC06361

Speaking on that sweet boy, I will be back very soon to share one of his favorite summer snacks that is super easy to make and the house and your fingers will smell amazing when done with it!    

**6 days of class left**

0 comments: