CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 6, 2011

A Big Boy Grill and Home Made Sangria!

Lou’s Birthday party was last Friday and I found myself crawling back out of bed about 1am on Thursday night after finding a yummy “Best Party Sangria” recipe! Majority of the ingredients (wine and fruit) needed to soak over night……… so to the kitchen i go! Yes Lou thinks I am crazy and over kill but that’s ok during birthday season!!

DSC05418

Here’s the recipe from “cooks.com”:

Ingredients:
  • 1 Bottle of red wine (Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Rioja, Zinfandel, Shiraz)
  • 1 Lemon cut into wedges
  • 1 Orange cut into wedges
  • 1 Lime cut into wedges ( I subbed for apple)
  • 2 Tbsp sugar
  • Splash of orange juice or lemonade
  • 2 Shots of gin or triple sec (or 3 or 4 :))
  • 1 Small can of diced pineapples (with juice)
  • 4 Cups ginger ale (I used sprite zero)
Preparation:

Pour wine into a large pitcher and squeeze the juice wedges from the lemon, orange and lime into the wine. Toss in the fruit wedges (leaving out seeds if possible) and pineapple then add sugar, orange juice and gin. Chill overnight. Add ginger ale, berries and ice just before serving. If you'd like to serve right away, use chilled red wine and serve over lots of ice. However, remember that the best Sangrias are chilled around 24 hours in the frig. - allowing the flavors to really marinate into each other.

DSC05424

Yup that last sentence is what go me out of bed!!

DSC05437

I’d say it was a success though!

I must admit, knowing our crowd, I had a feeling1 batch was not enough…. So I made sure to keep a bottle of pre-made Sangria handy to refill the bowl- that was quickly gone too!!

So we called it quits and walked over to Las Margaritas :)

Apologies:

I have GOT to get better about taking pictures during our house parties… I’m terrible and too busy being a “good hostess” I guess ;)

Leave it to Lance to snap a few though!

DSC05430

DSC05431

Yup that was about all we got,(sorry) but we did have the best night celebrating Lou’s birthday (again)!

In other news… we got a new grill!

True story: We got Andy and Rachel's old one for free (which I was thrilled about!) but not 24 hours later does Lou upgrade!  

DSC05466

We got this big boy on craigslist for 75$…. SOLD!

So we spent the afternoon preparing for our grill out!

DSC05444

Just us… the four of us. DSC05445

Tucker and I shared secrets & kisses while waiting patiently…. DSC05447 DSC05448 DSC05452

Dinners Ready! DSC05454

0 comments: