CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, June 4, 2015

Last Sop Milan, Round 4

We were so happy to arrive and honestly, I was so exhausted from all the traveling and trains! I was excited that was the last one!

IMG_5268  The apartment in Milan was my favorite and so “homey”!IMG_5305 IMG_5335 IMG_5340

Lola took hr pants off, found a spatula and a candy jar and made herself right at home!

IMG_5342

IMG_5344

Mean while we were scowering for lunch! Apparently most things are closed during the day for lunch on Sunday….after waking and walking we ended up right back next to the apartment at a yummy restaurant where we loaded up on pizza and strawberries just a Lola woke up!

IMG_5279

Then I noticed everyone’s order and had to take a picture… we all got pizza, Tara- no red sauce, Bily- no cheese and Alex and I- normal cheeses pizza please!

IMG_5272  I couldn’t believe he actually got all the orders right!

IMG_5271IMG_5276  Lola was so excited to wake up and find out mommy had ordered her a huge bowl of strawberries! IMG_5284 IMG_5291 IMG_5301

IMG_5304Then we moved on to the Duomo, I pinned it on pinterest as a must see and oh was it gorgeous!!!    IMG_5366 IMG_5367

It was so sunny and poor Lola could barely see!  IMG_5370 IMG_5375

The best part is you get to go to the top (and by get to- their is an elevator option- thank god)

IMG_5392

Don’t you just love this smile?

20150517_170929

We all made it! 20150517_171918

The first thing I did at the top…. fall! Yes, literally!

20150517_171904

The baby-less ids hiked the whole way up and we rode the elevator 90% of the way leaving us about 50 steps to do ourselves with Lola… would you believe they still beat us up and down…

IMG_5388

Water break!  IMG_5389IMG_5386IMG_5394 IMG_5397 20150517_172521

The views were amazing at the top! Eventually we headed back down to do some shopping ad as we call it in life with Lola, snack time!

20150517_163847  AKA gelato time! 20150517_175758  We also got slushies and then walked about 10 minutes ad bought another at a similar stand! It was actually hot that day! 20150517_175912

Lola oved waking around and was hardly in her stroer at all that day! They had lots of random people on the streets singing and performing so she loved going right in the middle of everyone to watch or sing and dance with them….

IMG_5402 IMG_5403 IMG_5406 IMG_5404 IMG_5413 IMG_5420Lola do you have any idea how lucky you are?   IMG_5427 IMG_5436

We decided to get an early luch to make our way back and get packed for our flight home tomorrow so we dined front and center (after walking ten miles to a restaurant we found on pinterest that was booked-again- yes this happens a lot) of the Duomo, it was gorgeous! IMG_5449

Lou is such the trooper, he always let diner to entertain Lola so we could take our time and actually digest our food- something that isn’t easy in Lola world!

IMG_5439 IMG_5445

Angela and I were so excited about our drinks (it was pretty much my first for the whole trip since Alex was terrified for me to drink thinking it would “stress my body” and the hives may come back), I was craving  a Mojito so bad ad they were TERRIBLE! Now i know why everyone drinks wine only in Italy- they suck at mixed drinks! IMG_5446 IMG_5452 IMG_5461 IMG_5474 Lola’s fruit bowl was a success again!  IMG_5481 IMG_5489

Tara had enough “pizza and pasta” by our last (few) nights so she decided for a Espresso and dessert! why didn’t I think of that (sub the espresso for the mimosa)! IMG_5495 IMG_5496I couldn’t believe we were dining out front the most beautiful church i had ever seen… it was literally gorgeous!    20150517_200348 20150517_200351

Last night all together pic!

It’s my favorite- yes because Lola is crying for me with her arms out…. Ok just kidding….maybe. 20150517_203720

I absolutely loved this trip with these people.

I always knew i had joined a pretty special group getting these two as my siblings, to top it off i get Lola and Lou and I’m blessed that Billy has super good taste in women.  They literally made this trip the trip of a lifetime! We made memories we will cherish forever.

“Motorcycle, motorcycle, motorcycle bus!”

Selfie?

“Do you guys have wifi?”

“Is this something we’re supposed to know?”

“oh look Pizza and Pasta!”

There are so many siblings who grow up and find out- wow we are so different and come to find out we don’t actually get along that well, that or financial problems, other obligations etc that keep them from doing things like this.

Since as long as i can remember friends have always told us- “are ya’ll really related”- it’s true, we could not be any more different and we look nothing alike. I think that all may just may be art of our “magic”.

We had some rough bumps in the road getting started with a bug going around and my hives but it really only showed each of us that much more how we are all really ONE. Every time i looked around there was someone carrying my bags, lugging my stroller, suit case, child or diaper bag from here to there. Lola was constantly being watched over, fed and cared for even before i would think of certain things for the most part. There was constant sharing, helping, paying for and looking out for one another.

Typically they say traveling with a couple makes you or breaks you… I think Lou and I have mastered that but you can imagine traveling with a larger group – it’s bound to be a catastrophe… well there was not one ounce of that. In fact never have i had a more “easy” travel experience! “Easy” may not sound like much but coming from a mama, traveling with a baby, on a very minimally pre-planned trip to Europe… it’s a HUGE deal!

Thank you guys for caring for me, spoiling my baby girl, giving me first dibs on EVERY apartment, mapping my every day tourist attraction needs, and so very much more!

20150517_172002#ciscokidstakeitalia was a success!

Where next?

0 comments: