CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Celebrating Mommom

Some people have a way of leaving so much behind them when they go that in turn it feels like they didn’t go anywhere at all.. Those are the type of people who have a way of staying with us forever.DSC02647

Fortunately, my mommom was one of those people, she lived, she really lived. DSC02651

At 91 years old she left behind so many traditions, recipes, values and a spirit that we all envy….

DSC02579

She doesn’t believe in getting old, being weak, tired or taking medications, I think this had a huge part to play in her passing so quickly. She believes family and being together are the most important things in the world. According to her, you didn’t stay for a visit unless you let her cook for you and sat down to share a meal together.   DSC02539

She was old fashioned and remembered everything you told her because to her it was important… she made you feel like you were all that mattered in her presence and she had amazing intuition about people. DSC02629Every time we got off the phone with each other she told me “tell Alex hello and you two take care of each other”. She absolutely adored my husband, she thought his heart was so big and she loved that he ate her food and he adored her right back… and her food! DSC00110

We were so happy to tell her about Lola when we found out I was pregnant! more than that we couldn’t wait to tell her Lola’s due date… it’s on Poppops birthday!

20121224_210107

She was hard headed and knew what she liked and wanted… it drove most people nuts but I LOVED that about her… I wonder where I get it from!

DSC00731

She loved to celebrate and entertain and when your around her everything feels like a party! I think one of the happiest days of her life may have been Billy moving to Philadelphia, I’m so happy for the time they got to spend together! DSC02635

  We so wish Lola was able to meet you but like I said so much of you is still here with us.We promise to not only tell her all about you when she gets here but we hope to live in a way that instills the family values in her life that were so important to you and so enjoyed by us all.DSC00764

We are really hating that we are not able to be in New Jersey tomorrow to say our goodbyes but I know if i called you and told you I planned to come up there the week of my due date you would literally have a fit!

DSC00733So instead, tomorrow we will think of you as we always do and celebrate you by eating plenty of stinky cheese!  I may have to save the wine for after Lola get here but I promise to make it up to ya!

Love you mommom.

0 comments: