CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 17, 2011

Loving Fall and Finding a Dress!!

What an exciting time of year!! Festivals every weekend, cooler weather day by day and to top it all off I get to help plan a wedding!!!!

Which is exactly what Rachel and I have started to do…. Saturday morning I met Rachel and her mom at Demetrios to do a little wedding dress shopping and bridesmaid dress shopping and guess what….

C360_2011-10-1511-53-05

She found THE Dress!!!

Yup, that’s the bride and her mama “checking out”… oh yes and Andy called just in time :)

How perfect!

Did I mention this girl does not mess around? She doesn’t, nor does she waste any time!! Honestly though the dress could not be more perfect so it made for an easy decision!!

I believe she has also settled on setting the wedding date for sometime next September….. I can’t wait, I loooove a fall wedding!!

DSC00660

Did I mention the one thing I hate about fall?

When the leaves ACTUALLY start falling.. especially in our yard!!

I swear the whole block is picture perfect and then you get to our yard and our huge trees that were shedding more leaves as we raked which left me asking myself…

“What in the hell is the point?”

DSC00664

I’m hoping you will be able to see the last bit of green grass we have left for at least a few days… I hope!

Don’t worry though, this weekend was not ALL productive….

C360_2011-10-1520-49-35

Liz and Jeff invited us to watch the GT game with them at a bar above another bar called Prohibition.. While the boys watched the game Liz and I beacame obsessed with going in the Prohibition bar which you have to access through a phone booth with a “code”.

Well hello, no one told me it was a real phone…. so I told Liz to dial 911 and then proceeded to chat with the operator asking if we could come in the bar….

News flash: It’s a real phone!

(try and explain that to the operator while drunk… now you have yourself a challenge!)

Sunday we went to the brookhaven Arts and Crafts Festival and as always I could not wait to check out their “festival" types of food”!!

DSC00676

That’s the best part of any festival right?? DSC00680

This lemonade was the winner simply for it’s size…. notice Alex can’t even get his whole hand around it! DSC00687

I loved both of these signs (top and bottom)….Both trashy and just too cute! DSC00688We took this picture for Alex’s Uncle Karl who makes wooden furniture and kitchen cabinets etc…  C360_2011-10-1613-58-37

Apparently they start with a huge piece of wood and use a machine to carve out what they want… Crazy right!

This was my favorite idea of the day!

It’s an old shutter, Rachel says i should put it on Pinterest but I have yet to figure out how to be the original up loader of a product…

C360_2011-10-1614-00-01

Sunday Night Nic and Lea invited us along with Andy and Rachel to a new seafood restaurant in downtown Decatur that just opened this weekend! Nic was celebrating a promotion he as given last week… YAY Nic!C360_2011-10-1619-43-37

It was a super cute and HUGE old house that had the prettiest front porch complete with my favorite…. ceiling fans!

Side note: Is anyone curious how my first week of 40 hours working went!!?!?!?!?!

As you can see not so much in the swing of things considering i went over a week without blogging but im trying to get the hang of this whole “real job” thing…

They both did better than expected…

C360_2011-10-1319-05-04

Don’t you love how they brought their squirrel out to play considering they have acorns all over the floor?

Mom isn’t buying that Tuck…

However, if acorns being brought in the house from the back porch and cracked all over the floor is my only “present” to come home to I think we will all get a long just fine!DSC00655

Don’t you love her “I dare you to say something to me” face!

Speaking of my work, I have to brag on the girls a bit… I have had them working for 3 weeks on fall decorations for their front doors and promised a contest (with prizes- the most important part..duh) this past Friday…. Here are the winners!!!

C360_2011-10-1410-24-10

I was so proud, the winner was one of MY clients!! She was so into it, she cut each bone out from the white paper she drew it on and glued it to the black poster board!! She even took her work home to complete it in time!! It was soo detailed as you can see, love it!!

C360_2011-10-1410-22-36

Above is our 2nd place winner for her creativity in slogans… Notice her graveyard has “RIP Mary Meth” and her sobriety date… I loved it!

C360_2011-10-1410-23-16

Third place was our diva….. can you tell she loves pink!!

The rest of them I can’t remember the paces but they all did a great job!! I was a bit mama bearish proud in case you can’t tell!

C360_2011-10-1410-24-25 C360_2011-10-1410-16-39  C360_2011-10-1410-20-57 

Next weekend is my favorite festival of all… The Little Five points Parade and Festival… I will be sure to bring my “good” camera and hopefully get a good spot… It’s Little five points… ya never know what ya might see!!

It may even be as good as Dragoncon :)

Surely it’s the same crowd, right!

0 comments: